M9a1 Metal Lower Frame?

Ragnaraz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is it possible get the a metal lower for the M9A1, with the picatinny rail?

All aluminium kits tend to be the M92F variant with the round underpiece. 

I would prefer a metal frame with that as the design if possible, i know there are clip on pica rails or the mechano types that give you a lower mount and sight mount too.

Shooters Design do an M9A1 metal kit.  About $420.

Or you could go with the WE M9A1 route which would be considerably cheaper.  Probably a 1/4 of the price for a complete gun.

4 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Shooters Design do an M9A1 metal kit.  About $420.

Or you could go with the WE M9A1 route which would be considerably cheaper.  Probably a 1/4 of the price for a complete gun.

I havent seen that for sale anywhere in the UK, just the Guarder kits.

I heard somewhere the WE metal parts work on the TM as it's a clone, do you or anyone here know how well they work together, like fitment and quality?

Tbh, I don't even look at UK shops for niche stuff like that.  Always HK.

I believe there are differences between the WE Gen 1 and 2 and the TM Gen 1 and 2 but a Gen 1 WE is basically the same as a Gen 1 TM.  You can't put a WE Gen 1 slide on a Gen 2 frame.  Same probably applies to TM.  Though I have no first hand experience to back that up.  Just what I've read.

I was looking at stuff on Rainbow8, any other good sites to ganders at?

It's an updated M9 engine, so im guessing its gen 2, does that work with WE gen 2?

the safety system is different between a Gen 1 and Gen 2 M92f that's why they don't work. also the Gen 2 models are usually full auto capable I believe

you can get a WE M9A1 which I think they call a B92

24 minutes ago, strykerles said:

the safety system is different between a Gen 1 and Gen 2 M92f that's why they don't work. also the Gen 2 models are usually full auto capable I believe

you can get a WE M9A1 which I think they call a B92

I'm not all that fussed about full auto, just wanted a solid metal lower frame with the rail. Not after the full gun. There's TMs plastic version, or the M92F style metal, you can get a rail attachment for those. Id just sooner have the clean lines.

18 hours ago, Ragnaraz said:

I was looking at stuff on Rainbow8, any other good sites to ganders at?

It's an updated M9 engine, so im guessing its gen 2, does that work with WE gen 2?

My go to is Boom Arms.  It makes sense a gen 2 TM would work with a gen 2 WE but I own neither so I couldn't say.

14 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

My go to is Boom Arms.  It makes sense a gen 2 TM would work with a gen 2 WE but I own neither so I couldn't say.

The WE are TM clones ish WE have some differences so might be a straight fit or it could a fair bit of file work to fit. OP is better off going for a TM specific after market frame. 

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

The WE are TM clones ish WE have some differences so might be a straight fit or it could a fair bit of file work to fit. OP is better off going for a TM specific after market frame. 

Looking like it might end up being the mechano route. Most metal kits are M92F style lower frame, shooters design kits (if you can find one) are silly money compared to the Guarder ally kits. Its not worth the 300+ compared to the 100ish of the guarder kits. :(

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.