What Gun Would You Recommend?

JackG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sorry for the awful title,

I'm relatively new to airsoft (properly anyway), I've had my CM16 Raider L for several years but never really had the time to go to sites to play (work/ education commitments) but now I'm ready to invest a bit more into a better rifle.

I like the look of the LVOA-C from Krytac, but also the similar styling from the BOLT B4 Keymod/ COBRA variant.

I've heard mixed opinions on Krytac in terms of upgradability etc and not all too much on the Keymod.
If anyone could enlighten me on which they think would be a better all around choice, or any other similar guns you may think for that matter it would be much appreciated, maximum budget to be around £450 if that helps.

Cheers,

Edited by JackG

The word on krytacs is they are too much money for what they are. Bolt seems to have come on leaps and bounds since they came out. £450 is into TM recoil  territory which would be my choice. If you are set on up grading why bother with a high end gun? Cyma make some very good guns through out their price range.

Hi and welcome,

£450 is a hefty budget! Is it for the gun only? Or does it include things like eyepro/rig/boots/clothes?

You already have one gun, maybe it's worth spending a portion of that budget to make sure it runs smooth, take it to a decent tech to sort any air leak, shimming or any issue it may present. Invest in a couple of magazines (everyone's favourite are midcaps, but they are not necessary, high capacity magazines are super convenient and the infamous battle rattle is a myth).

Then play a few skirmishes to get the hang of the game.

After that, if you feel like there is an area your CM16 is lacking, you might want to sort that by replacing parts or installing new ones (mosfets, gears, motors, hop rubbers, barrels, you name it. your gun is fairly standard which opens up a lot of possibilities for upgrades, especially with that budget).

Another option would be to keep the G&G as a loaner/backup, in that case I wouldn't look at krytac/bolt, they have some proprietary parts that might be expensive/difficult to find.

Plenty of options for your budget, one gun I would personally recommend is the TM M4 HC CRW, no bells, no whistles, 25 RPS out of the box on a 8.4 NiMh.

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

The word on krytacs is they are too much money for what they are. Bolt seems to have come on leaps and bounds since they came out. £450 is into TM recoil  territory which would be my choice. If you are set on up grading why bother with a high end gun? Cyma make some very good guns through out their price range.

Initially I wouldn't want to upgrade too much as I'm unfamiliar with the ins and outs of internal upgrades. I've pulled my gun apart to clean etc but nothing much more. I'll definitely take a look at some TM then, thanks!

1 hour ago, Skara said:

Hi and welcome,

£450 is a hefty budget! Is it for the gun only? Or does it include things like eyepro/rig/boots/clothes?

You already have one gun, maybe it's worth spending a portion of that budget to make sure it runs smooth, take it to a decent tech to sort any air leak, shimming or any issue it may present. Invest in a couple of magazines (everyone's favourite are midcaps, but they are not necessary, high capacity magazines are super convenient and the infamous battle rattle is a myth).

Then play a few skirmishes to get the hang of the game.

After that, if you feel like there is an area your CM16 is lacking, you might want to sort that by replacing parts or installing new ones (mosfets, gears, motors, hop rubbers, barrels, you name it. your gun is fairly standard which opens up a lot of possibilities for upgrades, especially with that budget).

Another option would be to keep the G&G as a loaner/backup, in that case I wouldn't look at krytac/bolt, they have some proprietary parts that might be expensive/difficult to find.

Plenty of options for your budget, one gun I would personally recommend is the TM M4 HC CRW, no bells, no whistles, 25 RPS out of the box on a 8.4 NiMh.

I've managed to get myself a decently paid job recently and decided I wanted to invest. I do have some older stuff such as standard stanag mid caps, a rig and face/eye protection.

So the absolute maximum budget would be the £450. I do plan on keeping the G&G, but it's actually two tone, and I'll be getting my Ukara soon ish so wanted to look at getting a RIF, sorry for info overload, just seen a lot of conflicting opinions.

Edited by JackG

Personally i would get a cyma or an e&c and spend the extra on a mosfet and getting a tech to look it over and the rest on gucci accessories like a decent optic, stock, rail and foregrip.

You'll end up with something that will perform better than the more expensive stuff and be accessorised the way you like it for the same cost.

Or as you already have an ar platform get yourself something completely different like a dmr or a LMG realistically if you have multiple ars then they will all end up being basically the same anyway.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.