Acetech Predator S Question

38super

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All

Looking to get a tracer unit for my AEG.

My new barrel extends about 5cm beyond the 14mmCCW thread and while I know I could just get an outer barrel extension I feel it would spoil the look.

The Acetech Predator S is 17cm long but the tracer unit inside is only 11cm long. If the tracer unit sits at the front then this could work as the tracer unit would still be ahead of the muzzle.

Is anyone able to confirm of deny if that works?

Can't see why it wouldn't. I've got the version that uses the KAC style suppressor and the tracer sits in the front with a big spring behind it holding it in place.

Thanks guys. I'm really struggling to find detailed info on these or even two sources that agree. 

I've seen lengths for the short from 165 to 175mm. The long anywhere from 190 to 210mm

In pictures the long looks much bigger than the short. 

Some people say battery powered while others swear they're rechargeable. 

Unless I can get to a shop I'll just have to take a punt on one and find out.

I'd be tempted to get a Lighter S to fit inside my current silencer but I've read a lot of bad press about them. 

There are different versions I believe, which confuses matters.

For example the AT2000 takes 4x AA's, but the AT2000R takes a single rechargeable battery and charges off a USB port. And then you have different outer shells for them just to further add to it.

My 2000R is about 66mm which is about half the internal length of the suppressor.

3 hours ago, Hatchet said:

There are different versions I believe, which confuses matters.

For example the AT2000 takes 4x AA's, but the AT2000R takes a single rechargeable battery and charges off a USB port. And then you have different outer shells for them just to further add to it.

My 2000R is about 66mm which is about half the internal length of the suppressor.

Fab. Thanks. The rechargeable one is nearly half the size of the battery version.

The Predator SR should be fine. I might even be able to shorten the housing a bit.

Acetech Predator SR arrived today.

Fortunately pretty much exactly the right size.

Geoff's tracer BB's on the way and then it's lights out on the range and I should be able to see where those pesky BB's are actually going.

I'm probably going to fit some foam as it's silly to loose the opportunity for a bit of suppressing.

Just for info in case anyone else wants to know.

Overall length is 155mm (not 170mm+ as stated in many sources). 

Actual length of the tube is 130mm less 10mm of threaded plug at the front and 5mm of thread at the back.

The rechargeable tracer unit AT2000R is 68mm long.

The tracer unit has sensors at both ends so can be put in anywhere and there's a large spring to fill the extra space as mentioned previosly.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.