How do I Charge My New Battery

Murray67

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys and gals. 

OK so I've ordered a new batery pack. I'm a total novice on this electric stuff.  I normally use a sprung sniper rifle. So the photo attached shoes the batery and the charger. How do I set up the charger for this batery before I mess it up

Thanks all. 

20210422_093234.jpg

You have purchased a lipo/life charger, but you're trying to charge a NimH battery on it. I have my doubts the battery will charge on it because the charger will require a balance cable plugged in with NimHs don't use. 

Personally I recommend sending both back where you got them from and purchase a decent smart charger which can charge both lipos and NimH and a Lipo battery rather then NimH. That is a very poor charger and NimH is old tech. 

Edited by Asomodai

Did you buy them with a gun all from the same place? I’m surprised I one pointed out or advised on different bits which has been my experience with uk stores at least.

You need a NiMH charger for that battery. Or buy a LiPO battery for that charger... Call up the shop and speak to them about your order they might be able to swap one or both for something compatible 

Thanks. I have emailed them today and asked if they can swap the batery. I bout the guns and chargers 3 years ago. The guns have sat unused for 2 years. Batteries no good. So I ordered a new battery from the same store not being aware of the chargers limitations. My bad of course. 

Hopefully they will do .e a swap. Fingers crossed. If not, looks like the guns will be parked up again. 

Such is life

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.