Actually Cannot Manage to Open the Battery Compartment of My Scope

MrFleak

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I bought the novritschs red dot v2:

https://eu.novritsch.com/product/red-dot-v2/

And I am struggling like a mad man to give it some power.

The scratches you see is literally me going red as a tomato as im pulling out hulk power to open it. The force required to open this up is currently unavailable to the human species. So I need some advice.

If someone has this scope, please do tell me it is at the different location so I can quietly delete my profile in shame but, it makes no sense that it would be in any other spot than here. In the instruction manual it says hold firmly the power ******* and unscrew the top. The image is different so I cannot confirm it is here but, it makes no sense if it isnt. Can someone help me open this? And perhaps explain what could have happened here that it is so insanely hard to open?

170277672_200374108237529_366109605132967750_n.png

170511926_290484355821240_2601914227180698325_n.png

170018011_2731951300448206_3615666742653390954_n.png

Ya big wuss! 

Hold the bottom and get yer girly fingers on the top and turn anticlockwise(left) 😉

Regards 

Just now, Shamal said:

Ya big wuss! 

Hold the bottom and get yer girly fingers on the top and turn anticlockwise(left) 😉

Regards 

Shamal you kryptonian superhuman it is actually stuck xD

Half of the side of my pointer is shredded of holding 😮 

But are we sure it is there? Soon there wont be a spot to turn anymore.

It can't be stuck!

Are you getting a grip on the top knurled part?

Next step is to get some pump pliers on it but you will have to wrap some cloth around it first and be careful not to grip the bottom part but it looks like being careful has gone out the window judging by the coin slot!

Lol.

Doh!!

Regards 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

Give the side a few taps against a kitchen counter, or use a hammer - sometimes it helps with loosening up the threads a little, if they've become stuck for whatever reason.

6 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Give the side a few taps against a kitchen counter, or use a hammer - sometimes it helps with loosening up the threads a little, if they've become stuck for whatever reason.

14 minutes ago, Shamal said:

It can't be stuck!

Are you getting a grip on the top knurled part?

Next step is to get some pump pliers on it but you will have to wrap some cloth around it first and be careful not to grip the bottom part but it looks like being careful has gone out the window judging by the coin slot!

Lol.

Doh!!

Regards 

I mean I can actually try the hammer thingy now. I already thought of pliers but I dont own a set of them that can stretch that wide. Mine are missing for milimeters to be able to grab. 

Well actually going for a hammer now to test.

Also being careful is not my first priority lol. It will get scratched anyway, I play alot. I just dont want to damage it completely :D

• Supporters

i presume from the scratches you're using a coin?

which is how it's meant to be opened, never met one that was so tight it couldn't be manually opened and i sure as shit aint hulk hogan.

most of them don't even need the coin- you can do it via fingers

sadly the stock answer of "brand new- send it back" probably aint gonna be so good here given novy boy's reputation for customer service, you probably werent pulling the trigger right.......

if the above tapping suggestions don't work and you really wanna get it open and really don't give a shit about preserving the finish then a set of channel locks and a coin in a shifting spanner will give you extra leverage, but that's the end-game brute force and ignorance method.

21 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Hammer? 

Thats like a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Sounds a bit excessive to me.🤔

Regards 

Edited by Shamal
Spelling

36 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i presume from the scratches you're using a coin?

which is how it's meant to be opened, never met one that was so tight it couldn't be manually opened and i sure as shit aint hulk hogan.

most of them don't even need the coin- you can do it via fingers

sadly the stock answer of "brand new- send it back" probably aint gonna be so good here given novy boy's reputation for customer service, you probably werent pulling the trigger right.......

if the above tapping suggestions don't work and you really wanna get it open and really don't give a shit about preserving the finish then a set of channel locks and a coin in a shifting spanner will give you extra leverage, but that's the end-game brute force and ignorance method.

50 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Alright boys, after some anger getting built up, I went in snow storm towards my neighbor, fortunately he had a big daddy pliers. 
Well, its easy to see what came next but, it went open before I touched it :D Thanks for all suggestions and have a good day! 

5 minutes ago, MrFleak said:

Alright boys, after some anger getting built up, I went in snow storm towards my neighbor, fortunately he had a big daddy pliers. 
Well, its easy to see what came next but, it went open before I touched it :D Thanks for all suggestions and have a good day! 

Haha. Good job done ya wuss! Lol 😉

Regards 

P.s don't overtighten when you put batt in.

25 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Haha. Good job done ya wuss! Lol 😉

Regards 

P.s don't overtighten when you put batt in.

Hellll nooo, ptsd the first turn :D

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Hammer? 

Thats like a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Sounds a bit excessive to me.🤔

Regards 

Taps, not whacks!

1 hour ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Taps, not whacks!

Ah right. When hammer is mentioned i think of a 28oz estwing framing hammer.you should have said toffee hammer. Lol

👍

Regards 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.