Tm 416 Ngrs Changing Stock

C-Diddy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After enviously seeing a post showing someone's nice, new PTS EPS stock, I'm now sat here two days later with my own glorious chunk of polymer ready to fit it onto my TM 416 NGRS. However I have the DEVGRU model, so this doesn't seem simple to me.

As lots of you will know , the DEVGRU model was designed to take TM's proprietary batteries. Fuck that, so I had the offered lipo conversion made when I bought the gun. My gun was fitted out to accept lipos with a small Tamiya connector and all has been fantastic.

Now however, when it comes to changing to my new stock, it isn't just a case of slipping the old stock off, sliding the PTS one on and making sure I thread the battery wires through like a normal gun. Instead I have to deal with this:

1967377331_416Batteryconnector.thumb.jpg.4fae5ec4f0bb38a76e16bdeb674b04d5.jpg

Bearing in mind I do want to change up to a Deans connector on this at some point, do I:

A) take advice from you guys and tackle it myself according to said advice, or

B) take it to the guys who sold me the gun and ask them to do the Deans conversion, and in such a way that I can change the stock to whichever one I choose like a normal gun?

Any help appreciated.

@C-Diddy I’m confused, is the issue that you can’t get the mini tamiya connector through the hole in the stock? 

edit - I see what the problem is now. I’d solder up new wiring and connector myself, but if in doubt get a tech to do it for you.

Edit 2 - found a couple of vids on YouTube. Seems like a 5-10min job if you’ve got a soldering iron. Remove the lower rail from the buffer tube to expose the wires, unscrew the power plate, desolder the existing wires and solder on some new ones with a connector, not forgetting to add some heat shrink over the joins. 

Edited by Speedbird_666

2 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

@C-Diddy I’m confused, is the issue that you can’t get the mini tamiya connector through the hole in the stock? 

Sorry, pal, I should have explained the issue with another phot. 

1028354565_Stockwiring.thumb.jpg.ac63d74ccb0caff1368d07ee334fc4b4.jpg

I thought unscrewing this little cap would free the wiring but it's heat shrunk to the opening. The wire isn't a continuous run to the buffer tube, it's in two pieces, with the connectors on the buffer tube joining this somehow.

Clear as mud again, right?

42 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

I thought unscrewing this little cap would free the wiring but it's heat shrunk to the opening. The wire isn't a continuous run to the buffer tube, it's in two pieces, with the connectors on the buffer tube joining this somehow.

Clear as mud again, right?

I got it.

Yeh, it's a 5-10 minute job to change the wiring. Do you have a soldering iron?

Here's a video on how to do it.

18 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I got it.

Yeh, it's a 5-10 minute job to change the wiring. Do you have a soldering iron?

Here's a video on how to do it.

I don't but I can lay my hands on one. Cheers buddy. I was looking for the end result on YouTube instead of the source of the issue! This is why it's always good to get somebody else's opinion 👍

3 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

I don't but I can lay my hands on one. Cheers buddy. I was looking for the end result on YouTube instead of the source of the issue! This is why it's always good to get somebody else's opinion 👍

If you get stuck, give me a shout.

31 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

If you get stuck, give me a shout.

Shout? I'll be dropping it on your doorstep!

This is a simple mod to do. 
1. Get a soldering iron

2. Unscrew the Marui-stock connectors switch 

3. Either snip the wires or de-solder them. 
4. Solder deans connectors. Make sure you get the positive and negative correct. 
5. Slide the PTS stock back on and feed the connector through. 
6. Job done. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.