Dsg Random FPS Drop

Bishop

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

16:1 VFC/SHS 8 tooth DSG, Gate Titan, ASG 22k/22TPA, M170(cut 2 coils), 2200mAh 50C lipo. 

I have 360FPS with .25bbs pretty consistently. Problem is, randomly, FPS will drop to 250. I will do it one or two times, then go back to 360FPS. 

When it drops FPS you can actually hear it. Kind of like when a gas gun light strikes, that is what it sounds like. So I'm sure its not a air seal issue. First time I have built a DSG, so I have no clue. It feeds great at 35RPS. Had a M160 SHS spring and was around 40RPS but the FPS was acting crazy. Wrong type of spring, I think. Was going to order a Guarder SP150. Not sure If that would be better or If I should use a spacer with m120/130 or not. Also going to switch to a Tienly GT-30000. Any help would be great thanks.

50 minutes ago, Bishop said:

16:1 VFC/SHS 8 tooth DSG, Gate Titan, ASG 22k/22TPA, M170(cut 2 coils), 2200mAh 50C lipo. 

I have 360FPS with .25bbs pretty consistently. Problem is, randomly, FPS will drop to 250. I will do it one or two times, then go back to 360FPS. 

When it drops FPS you can actually hear it. Kind of like when a gas gun light strikes, that is what it sounds like. So I'm sure its not a air seal issue. First time I have built a DSG, so I have no clue. It feeds great at 35RPS. Had a M160 SHS spring and was around 40RPS but the FPS was acting crazy. Wrong type of spring, I think. Was going to order a Guarder SP150. Not sure If that would be better or If I should use a spacer with m120/130 or not. Also going to switch to a Tienly GT-30000. Any help would be great thanks.

Don't rule out an air seal issue. I had a gun do something similar - turned out that there was way too much grease around the piston head/cylinder and the ports to expand the o-ring would randomly block and the o-ring itself was sticking inside the piston head. I was getting 80-100fps drops in 1 in 10 shots. Noise signature changed too.

Sometimes it's the simple things. Worth cleaning out all the lube in the piston/cylinder and testing the piston head with just the lightest smear of grease.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.