Airsoft Newbie

Chek

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

I've just recently got into airsoft, mainly by chance....

I used to have a couple of BB guns as a kid before airsoft became massive.

Over the years I collected a few blank firers and PFC model guns.  More of a collector than anything else.

Recently a friend of a friend was moving to Australia and I inherited a couple of his airsoft collection which he couldn't sell before his departure (kind of looking after them for him).  He knew I had an interest in them.

Due to the current situation, I've not been able to go skirmishing but a bit of info from experienced airsofters would be appreciated. I thought about modifying the look while I'm sat at home.  Currently I have a Lonex M4 AEG and a WA para ordinance 1911 (GBB)

The M4 has  no charging handle but looks as though it should?

And  I'm thinking of replacing the slide on the 1911 for metal.  It feels and sounds a bit cheap and flimsy

Thanks in advance! Happy to upload some pics

Hi and Welcome

There's plenty of information on this forum so best thing to do first is reading the sticky threads.

Its great you have some toys ready to start playing when its allowed.

I imagine you should be able to find a replacement charging handle if its missing but it won't affect the performance.

Changing to a metal slide may cause problems with the pistol cycling.

Someone here will probably be able to give more info for you.

Hi @Chek! 👋

Welcome to the forum, there will be areas on here and people like @EDcase has said, that will know! 🤔

Also good luck getting started when you have the chance, have fun and watch your wallet! 🤪😂👍

Also have a channel with videos aimed towards beginners, if it helps? 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Hi and welcome.

All I will add is may be better to keep the WA stock for two reasons: 1) They're quite collectable in original condition 2) Plastic slides cycle far better in cooler weather than metal ones.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.