Airsoft Getup for Halloween Costume?

Pop

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, I'm going to a Halloween party at the weekend (6 people obviously 😇) and was planning as going as like a psycho killer or something. But a girl I'm going with said I should wear my airsoft stuff (think she digs the military vibe) and I thought, hey that's a pretty good idea.

Obviously I've spent hundreds on my loadout so would make for a high-level costume - obviously no RIFs... But then I thought it's not really Halloweeny, and going as a dead soldier or something is surely super disrespectful. Does anyone have any ideas how I could make it work? Maybe like a zombie soldier? Or should I just forget it and spray fake blood over some overalls?

In America Halloween has become fancy dress - so dressing as a soldier fits that

Halloween in the UK is now a mish mash of our own and copying the US.

Dressing as a soldier is no less ‘disrespectful’ then ‘impersonating’ soldiers for airsoft.   It may be in bad taste to have a realism element, but a zombie soldier could be more appropriate - this will depend on who is involved and whether photos are being shared (and who to)

If you’re uncomfortable with it then don’t do it, but exaggerate the injuries and blood for a horror / zombie theme rather than battle wounds.

I’m not one for fancy dress, and for a number of years among a group of us we have been doing Autumn Christmas dinners - it filled a gap in the calendar when we had nothing to meet up for, and saved us having another Xmas dinner in December.

It has often occurred at Halloween which has confused some people that we were not doing Halloween when seeking decorations. A couple of years ago we compromised with Halloween christmas fancy dress - I opted for a Santa outfit, sprays of fake blood and an axe 

On 27/10/2020 at 13:58, Tommikka said:

In America Halloween has become fancy dress - so dressing as a soldier fits that

Halloween in the UK is now a mish mash of our own and copying the US.

I think I'll just say fuck it and wear it. Biggest positive is that I can fill my hydro bladder on my chest rig up with 2.5 litres of rum and coke 😂

Done it myself a few years ago and the only issue I had was that it took twice as long to get home, but that's more down to how pissed I was than the costume. Also the double mag pouches on my vest were the perfect fit for a beer can. 

Lastly, is the young lady who likes the military vibe available? If so it'll increase the chances of you getting lucky

FB_IMG_1603968641399.jpg

27 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Done it myself a few years ago and the only issue I had was that it took twice as long to get home, but that's more down to how pissed I was than the costume. Also the double mag pouches on my vest were the perfect fit for a beer can. 

Lastly, is the young lady who likes the military vibe available? If so it'll increase the chances of you getting lucky

Haha good to hear about it. Although carrying cans isn't very efficient, it's like taking 30rd mags instead of hicaps 😉 I might fill my pistol pouches with snicker bars or something and bring a massive banana to put in my holster for the early hours. 

And yeah, we've been 'lucky' a bunch of times already. I took her airsofting last weekend with a couple of other mates actually and she really enjoyed it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.