Ares Amoeba 013

Shamal

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok as much as I hate to admit it the honey badger has developed a fault.(Skara is gonna laugh).

It fires five times then stops. Disconnect battery and reconnect and it fires five times again. 

I have had a search and reasons seem to range from battery to sector gear magnet to ecu and also wiring. It has seemed to happen since I used the programmer to select 3rd burst.that may be a coincidence. Prior to this the pistol grip became very hot and gun stopped working.

I have taken.motor apart and brushes and windings seem fine at least motor does work.

Any ideas?

I have faith in you guys(creep,creep)

🙂

Regards 

I've been told that the FCU automatically shuts down the gun when something goes wrong.

One thing could be you setting the battery protection to 11.1s but actually use 7.4s, I've done it by mistake once and the gun did a whopping 50 bbs before shutting down.

Now, the motor getting extremely hot is because of the stupid "fixed" active brake, especially in semi auto.

I, being a full auto wanker, managed to have the grip so hot it was actually painful to hold, but the gun kept working as normal.

OR, if you installed a high speed motor, it's quite normal as they draw a fuckton of amps and get really fucking hot as standard.

Also check the shimming and check the integrity on the bushings (if you haven't already), the stock bushings are made of butter and ovalize rather quickly, this causes misalignment in gears and might result in putting a lot of unnecessary stress on the motor, that has now to overcome the spring AND the attrition between gears.

Ok that all makes sense. I will open her up,(Oo I say matron!),this weekend and have a nosey around in the bushes.(I got arrested for that once)see what I can find. Thanks 👍🙂 

Regards 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.