Generation of This Amoeba Gearbox

Seeker Bravo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I bought this ares amoeba gear box from onlybbguns, they said this one is the latest model, but my friend says it doesn't look like 3rd gen. If it is 1st gen, I don't know why there is a mention like 'Upgraded EFCS'.. Please let me know who is right and what is the truth.

IMG_5144.jpeg

IMG_5150.jpeg

It's not their latest iteration, as the cylinders on the newer boxes are purple.

The EFCS is the newer gen though (blue colour) whereas the older ones are green.

Also, bearings? I'm pretty sure the new boxes come with shitty pot metal bushings.

With that being said, you just bought a pile of wank because Amoeba gearboxes are utter shit.

12 hours ago, Skara said:

It's not their latest iteration, as the cylinders on the newer boxes are purple.

The EFCS is the newer gen though (blue colour) whereas the older ones are green.

Also, bearings? I'm pretty sure the new boxes come with shitty pot metal bushings.

With that being said, you just bought a pile of wank because Amoeba gearboxes are utter shit.

Mine has been ok in the three years I've had gun. Motor did pack up couple weeks ago though 😕

Regards 

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Mine has been ok in the three years I've had gun. Motor did pack up couple weeks ago though 😕

Regards 

Oh don't get me wrong, for someone who doesn't want to tech they're fine.

It's just that when you start looking at things from a more techy point of view you start seeing all the little niggles these boxes have.

They also have two decent features (that should be the standard really):

The pistol grip mounting plate, which is separated from the shell (so if you strip the threads you replace the plate instead of the whole shell) and the QD spring guide threaded ring that does the same.

Everything else is worth half what Ares asks for, a super thin and weak shell, zero air seal on the piston head, butter bushings (mine failed very quickly using 7.4s) and obviously the proprietary FCU, trigger and selector plate.

"Features" which, to be fair, vastly outweigh the two good points aforementioned..

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.