Looking for Comparison Ares M45x Vs Ares Am007

Sharpe_95
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone. 

I am looking for peoples views on these two Ares compact AEGs. Perhaps ironically (while noone can get out to play) I am looking at a small compact to run in CQB and for a bit of fun.

I have narrowed it down to two Ares AEGs (ARP9 was a close third but I didnt like the stock unit system).

I like the modulatity of the M45x, I can run it compact and if I want/need a longer barrel I can quickly swap and put on one of the longer barrels on the same day. I also like the M-LOK rails available and the drum mag option. The down side for me is the pistol mags, which I dont really like and also struggle to safely put into ammo pouches. 

In the other hand, Ares do the AM007. This is equally compact and while it does not have the modular versatility of the M45x it is equally compact and I like that it uses M4 mags. I dare say I could find a drum mag for it somewhere?

Does anyone have any experience with either of these AEGs or (better yet) has anyone used/lived with both?

Opinions (informed or otherwise) welcome. 

-Sharpe

Honest opinion?

Get an ARP. the 556 if you want M4 mags (or wait for the new one, it's a 556 with a polymer body that keeps the weight down and should cost less than the regular one)

Ares guns are a bit crap, the gearbox shell is proprietary, the EFCS is proprietary and you can't change it because the shell has a cutout to house it. Stock sushings are meh, stock piston is absolutely terrible, stock hop rubber is BAAAAAAD.

The M45 looks cool because you can swap front ends, but they're damn expensive (over €100) and you can't fire the gun with the stock folded, as the buffer tube itself has 2 blade contacts.

The 007 is the super short version of the 009, which I had (and recently sold), and it was meh, literally spent a fortune trying to get it to work properly.

If by "stock unit system" you are referring to the ETU, with €50 you can get a nice Perun Upgrade Kit (piss easy to install) and get yourself a nice array of customization options, including the best thing in the history of airsoft FCUs (Binary Trigger).

G&Gs aren't faultless either, but at least they don't have many proprietary parts :)

Archived