Urgent Help! Used Wrong Battery

David12345
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I have recently bought a g&g raider l 2.0e, as a first time gun. Ive had to buy a battery seperate but due to my lack of knowledge i got a nunchuck nimh 8.4 1600mah battery which does not fit. I wanted to still test the gun with the batterys i have. The gun was working fine until i fired for 3 seconds on auto. Then the inside of the gun made a bad noise then would not fire . Due to what is going on, i wont be able to see someone about it anytime soon. Can anyone help with the diagnosis?

FB_IMG_1588345530651.jpg

FB_IMG_1588341183101.jpg

• Supporters

Define "bad noise"

Crunching, squealing?

A whizz of gears?

Does it turn at all now or does pulling the trigger yeild nothing? Or does the motor still spin?

Currently i'm suspecting something's stripped, possibly the piston. Not normally something you'd expect with a brand new gun on an 8.4 nimh but entirely possible.

What i would suggest is to contact the retailer and see about returning it, no point trying to crack it open yourself if it's under warrenty. Seeing as they sent it to you in the first place theyre obviously still open so you can post it back to them.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

Sorry you had this as a first experience - fwiw even though the battery's the wrong size it won't have voided the warranty or anything so don't worry if you were, they should be able to repair it quickly (depending on current situation!) for you.

As @Adolf Hamster says, sounds indicative of a stripped piston - i've had a new one strip after a few shots as well, very disheartening - real bit of tough luck that dude. Unless you are very mechanically savvy and inquisitive that is going to have to go back to the shop 😞 - as mentioned above, that would not be as a result of using an 8.4v nickel battery.

13 hours ago, David12345 said:

due to my lack of knowledge i got a nunchuck nimh 8.4 1600mah battery which does not fit. I wanted to still test the gun with the batterys i have.

Define that statement for me.

Did you make the 8.4v fit, or did you use another battery. If you used another battery what was it.

12 hours ago, David12345 said:

Like a whizzof gears but i cant hear the motor when trying to fire

If you are hearing anything it will be the motor.

A whizz is normally the motor spinning and perhaps the gears as well.

No fire when the motor is working can be the gears or the piston, It might be a loose pinion. Stripped gear, or stripped piston.

-

Because the gun is new, and you have definitely used that 8.4v battery (even if you didn't), Send the gun back to the seller as it is obliviously a manufacturer defect. It should be covered under warranty.

Do not open the gearbox or gun and try to solve it yourself, That will invalidate your warranty.

I just connected the battery up, but i didnt insert the battery as it did not fit. Connected it by the tamiya connector. I have sent an email to the company tactical airsoft Uk in Croydon. Because its saturday i probably wont get a reply until monday. Hopefully they are able to send a replacement.

Archived