We Fill Valve. a Bit Stuck!

Liam1992
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay guys, 

So I was replacing O Rings and doing some general maintenence on my WE M4 Mags and, despite all the warnings, I've over tightened a Full Valve and the head of the Valve has come off (See attached images).

So, two questions... How on earth do I get that out? It's threaded on, so needle nose pliers and rotate it back out is my best suggestion? 

Also, are the Fill Valves for the Pistol Magazines and Rifle Magazines the same? Airsoft World sell their own version of a WE Fill Valve for a mere £2.95, but they only mention Pistol and not Rifle, though I was always under the impression they were the same (I mean, they fill off the same bottle of gas?) 

DSC_0971.JPG

DSC_0972.JPG

Ooops! 

You can’t use the middle to loosen it, it will just rotate. Can you take the base of the mag off and get at the other side of the valve, get it out buy turning it “in” 

And yes, threads are the same

Based on my experience with RC cars you have a couple of options:

1. if you can take the base plate off the mag you might be able to get a pair of pliers on it from the back or dremel a slot in the back edge for a flat driver and get it out that way.

2. screw extractors can sometimes work https://www.toolstation.com/damaged-screw-remover-set/p38732? store=EE&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&gclid=CjwKCAjwqJ_1BRBZEiwAv73uwN1a3umhSN77GE-0Vu6GavvjzdvJhYGoDzDHnKC4EByR2G3p1210cxoCnS0QAvD_BwE You need to be careful to avoid damaging the mag.

3. As a last resort drill out the centre of the valve and then araldite a sacrificial Alan key in the drill hole. After the glue dries (16 hrs) just unscrew the Alan key. Again care needs to be taken with the drilling (so you don’t damage the mag) and the gluing (so you only glue the Alan key to the broken valve and don’t end up gluing the broken valve in).

Good news! 

Managed to access it from the inside with the finest flathead screwdriver I could find and rotate it back out the way it came in without damaging any threads or anything. Success! Thanks for the suggestions again guys, appreciated no end! 

15 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Superb news, well done. Great feeling when you fixed something you ballsed up yourself.

I know, I do it a lot 😂😂

Same here. Sometimes I’m happy I broke something because I got a reason to do some upgrades (and spend needlessly some $$$)

Archived