Newby

Crazyhoarse2001
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I am brand new to the airsoft scene but I like the look of it.

I am an ex Green Howard/Yorkshire regt soldier (Left in 97) and I was initially trained on the L1A1 SLR and then on the first SA80 A1. So based on that, I have managed to get hold of an AEG Army Armaments R85 A2. I want to change the metal front to the green plastic type, can you buy them separate and how much would one cost? I also want a couple of more mags but want the type that are black and look like the original type, anyone any ideas?

At some point I want to get a look alike susat (not to use but just so I can mount it on when I am not using it) is their a plastic one that would fit on the rail? I will use the iron sight for skirmishing. Oh I am 55 years old , unfit but keen as mustard, I can always walk around, because I cant run anymore lol. Anyway just thought I would say hello.

@Crazyhoarse2001 

Welcome! 👋

First thing, Thank you for your service! 🤝

It doesn’t matter what age you are, as long as you have some fun! 😎👍

I’m not to familiar with the make, but I’m sure someone will give a friendly opinion and a helping hand! 

Have you been before? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

Good luck finding a site near you, also mention on here the sites you have in mind (if you want) and people with give you their honest opinions? 🤔

Have a Great time, with your new 🔫 and Loadout! 😎👍

I remember my First game (2017, wish I had started sooner!), bought my First and Favourite Loadout Woodland DPM 95, last year the Desert DPM! 

Bought surplus and second hand durable and reliable, clothing, boots and PLCE webbing! 💪

Used a rental G36C, before buying my 🔫’S! 😜

💷GAMBLE💷

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
3 hours ago, Crazyhoarse2001 said:

Hi guys, I am brand new to the airsoft scene but I like the look of it.

I am an ex Green Howard/Yorkshire regt soldier (Left in 97) and I was initially trained on the L1A1 SLR and then on the first SA80 A1. So based on that, I have managed to get hold of an AEG Army Armaments R85 A2. I want to change the metal front to the green plastic type, can you buy them separate and how much would one cost? I also want a couple of more mags but want the type that are black and look like the original type, anyone any ideas?

At some point I want to get a look alike susat (not to use but just so I can mount it on when I am not using it) is their a plastic one that would fit on the rail? I will use the iron sight for skirmishing. Oh I am 55 years old , unfit but keen as mustard, I can always walk around, because I cant run anymore lol. Anyway just thought I would say hello.

Howdy!

You should definitely be able to find a replacement front handguard for the R85 - Army Armaments make an R85 with the original handguard so it's just a case of finding the spare part somewhere. Other brands have made the L85 too (G&G, ICS, another that escapes me) and it could be that their handguards are both easier to find and still compatible. Hopefully someone can turn up to let us know if I'm right there - but yes it's just a matter of finding the right part.

No clue with regard to sites up north. But Teesside university has an Airsoft society - might be worth contacting them and seeing if they have preferred sites to play at!

https://www.facebook.com/TeessideAirsoft/

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

welcome! i do suggest split your questions up and put them in relivent forum parts to find answers as not many check the newbys area often... will get more traffic/ answers... enjoy

Archived