Umarex UMP 45 - dodgy fire selector

trooper2216
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

First time using the gun at South Coast CQB on Saturday. For the most part it was great, I had more fun with this thing than any other game using my G&G Raider 2. 

What I found though was that in single shot the gun would sometimes just decide not to do anything, as if the battery was dead. In fact that's what I first thought the issue was but a loan battery from South Coast CQB's owner (thanks Gary) proved otherwise. From just fiddling with the gun out in the field I found that putting it into full-auto then back to single fire got it working again. Far from ideal though.

I'm a noob so I'm not sure if this is a common thing with these guns or others. Does the fire selector need time to bed in? Is there something I can do to make the selector more reliable?

Many thanks,

Jonathan

Following this......

i noticed mine doing the same thing, it’s done it a couple of times when I haven’t pulled the trigger it’s full stroke (as I mostly use my Krytac) 

I have done what you do and select full auto mode and let a few rounds zip off

good as gold after that , it’s only done it to me three times in 2 days play 🤷‍♂️

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, trooper2216 said:

Hey! Bear in mind I'm a lowly Airsoft noob, barely playing for a year. So, what does "over-running" mean?

Means when it cuts off the leftover momentum in the motor means it keeps moving for a while. In real bad cases it can even double fire.

V3 boxes are particularly bad for it.

Archived