How to replace the gas block on an G&G AEG GR25 SPR

D0dgerMH
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm trying to remove the gas block (or at least that's what I think its called) from my G&G GR25 SPR. I then need to replace it with one that allows me to fit a mock suppressor onto it. At the moment I can't even disassemble my gun enough in order to reach it, let alone remove it. I have already removed the flash hider but if anyone knows how to do this or has any tips that would be great.

IMG_6540.JPG

IMG_6543.JPG

IMG_6545.JPG

IMG_6527.JPG

IMG_6529.JPG

IMG_6531.JPG

If you are just changing the Gas Block you should be able to do it without removing the rail etc. I think your main problem is removing the outer Barrel extension. I have no direct experience of the G&G GR25 but there will either be a grub screw that once removed will allow you to unscrew the extension remembering that it is a counter clockwise thread so opposite to normal. The other possibility is there is a locking pin that will need to be knocked out allowing you to remove the extension.

Removing the Gas Block should then be easy. From your photos, you can see the grub screw in the side that holds the gas tube (The silver tube that runs through the rail). This needs to be loosened along with the 2 larger grub screws that are located on the bottom of the Gas Block. You should then be able to slide the Gas Block off the end of the barrel (hold the Gas Tube in place as it will now be loose. If it does come out you will need to re-locate it in the small hole above the barrel in the receiver. You can then slide on your rail section Gas Block, locating the Gas Tube in the small hole in the back of it.

Hope that helps

• Supporters

The top screw that holds the gas tube looks more like a roll pin in which case you'll need to drift it out.

I'd say that you would need to take the handguard off too to make life easier, while you're there if you want to change it for one with a cut out top rail to fit the railed gas block let me know as I have one going spare.

Archived