Owning many pew pews but only a few ever get used

Luke85
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

That is quite literally exactly what I used to do, does work well no doubt.

Speaking to all readers here - The advantage to the Spiritus system by comparison to that is you can have just 1 placard and a bunch of cheap and very small/slim inserts to swap in to that placard and you've got basically all mag types covered.  Then if you buy another colour rig with compatible panel you've already got all the necessary inserts right there and ready to use.  Personally I was limited on storage space so that's the route I went down.

This is what I do but with TMC/Emerson/Whatever chinese clones because I am poors. Although to be fair if I added up all the money I've spunked on cheap clones gear I could probably have just bought a full SS rig instead but there you go. You pays your money and takes your choice. As much as I want to support people like SS, HSP, FC etc I'm not relying on it to save my life and I just can't justify the cost.

Maybe if I were to address the main issue of this thread and potentially slim down my gear/guns to what I actually use....nah!

I also recently purchased a fashionable 'Bigfoot' HSP D3CRM micro rig clone and sent it straight back to the retailer, as it was sub-quality (plus I didn't like the fit much). The material felt stiff and cheap and the stitching was squint and sub-par. I'd never want to pay the full asking price for a genuine HSP product, as I can't justify the expense, but sometimes original is best. I'm a fan of Ferro Concepts, as expensive as they are and will likely continue purchase some of their gear in the future. The new single-point slingster is on the horizon.

To go back to owning many pews................ Scorpion Evo, G34 & G17 is all I have. One of the things that has worried me for many years now, is the fact that in the UK, anything gun-shaped is always at risk of being banned at (fairly) short notice. Living in Scotland, where air weapons are now licensed too, I'm at greater risk of this happening.....especially if independence ever happens (let's not discuss this particular topic), so I hate the idea that suddenly, I'll be losing out on thousands of pounds worth of gear that I will struggle to sell on, or even worse won't be allowed to legally..........It could happen.

To back this fear, look how difficult it currently is to sell RIF's, compared to say 5 years ago, when there was a big 2nd hand market on very active forums (now diminished) and Facebook hadn't yet banned everything gun-related. Not to mention most shipping companies not wanting to touch anything RIF related these days. Again, I hate the idea that if I want to buy a new RIF, it'll be difficult to move it on when I get bored of it or need cash from selling it...........so I just don't buy new RIF's now, unless I can get hands on with them and am 100% confident that I'll like, use and keep them. It's not worth the risk/investment in my eyes.

Maybe I'm just being overly cautious, but not having a massive horde of RIF's seems like common sense for my situation at least.

I used to take 4 primary guns with me to CQB, usually all different (AEG, GBBR, GBB shotgun, MK23) and went to the trouble of carrying (juggling) all to chrono and back, loading, gassing each etc and tried to alternate them, but generally always came back to the same one or two which performed the best. The rest were just extra weight and money sitting about doing nothing, that I could better put into something else. Hence my current armoury situation.

My 2 pence.

Archived