Sign in to follow this  
Karinexmachina

Airsoft mockups

Was wanting to double check to see if making mockups of other rifles say.. WW2 bolt actions is viable to do. I'm wanting a mockup made for a film/animation project for college. So an IF or crude mockup which can later be improved in post editing in 3-D graphics might work out.

What are you after? Loads of WW2 RIF’s out there

The film idea I had takes place in Switzerland so it would involve a Swiss K31 and a Tankbuchse 41 a Swiss Luger would be pretty simple. Apart from that im not entirely sure what other small arms the Swiss would have used just after WW2 1946-1950

What do you mean by viable?  Of course it's possible to manufacture a thing that looks like a K31, totally depends what access you have to materials, tools and skills.  Complexity is further dependent; do you need the bolt to move, dummy rounds to go in/eject?

Look out for any local re-enactment groups, even if their era is entirely wrong, ask them if they know any body doing WW2 etc and then to the Swiss specifics

I'll do my best I came here first to try and see if anyone knows anyone.