Best type of headgear

squidpants
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking to get myself a helmat of some sort. My mate has an M88 which seems as it has gd ear protection  but thinking it might get a bit hot as there's no vents on it. So other choice is a new style fast helmet. 

Any recommendations on either of these of even a different style?? 

Tia

• Supporters

I got myself a cheapo chinese fast helmet and found I only wear it in moderate to cold weather. Its an absolute no go in anything above 15 degrees as I get too hot and sweaty in it. But having said that its saved my noggin a fair few times (i.e close in head shots, very low door ways and once or twice a bridge.) You can get equally cheap ear protectors that bolt onto a fast helmet. Not tried them yet but they're on my wish list. I would say anything real armyish might be too heavy. My mk6 helmet was a nightmare and just slid around like no ones business. And lets face it it dosen't need to offer any real ballitic protection. Unless its a really rough game ..............

Archived