Piston head scraping on cylinder

Pedro_pony_airsoft
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, recently upgraded my combat machines piston and cylinder head as id lost compression. I ordered a shs piston head but its scrating the cylinder, its not scratching all the cylinder just the top and bottom. Also the piston feels fairly tight once inserted into cylinder( not overly tight but if you hold upwards piston doesnt fall out). Please can someone advise on what to do. Many thanks

IMG_20190607_074418.jpg

IMG_20190607_074441.jpg

IMG_20190607_074432.jpg

2 hours ago, Iceni said:

Did you buy the bore up piston head by mistake? There ever so slightly larger.

You need the standard piston head.

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/pistons-heads/ra-piston-head-double-oring-aluminium
I believe it was standard size but I have ordered a standard g&g polymer one to see. Could it be the piston rack? I recently changed it for a full metal rack.

5 hours ago, Samurai said:

It shouldn't. Only the O ring should touch it.

I wouldn't use metal piston head in an v2. Change that or the cylinder.

Just now, Pedro_pony_airsoft said:

Thanks for reply, I've ordered a standard polymer one to see if any difference is made.

You’ll need a new cylinder as well, as I doubt you’ll get a good air seal with that one with how deep the scores on the inside look from the photo. 

The piston should move freely inside the cylinder but have a good air seal, YouTube  Airsoft compression test 

Archived