Tomtac Gear, Is It Worth It?

Guest Marauder211
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Marauder211

I recently bought a new Tomtac speedloader (never had problems with them), i saw that they did Bowman style headsets and a SORDINS PTT to go with it (BaoFeng compatible).

Yes i ordered them, but just to instill or remove the possibility of buyer's remorse, could i see your opinions on here? I'm actually curious.

8 hours ago, Marauder211 said:

I recently bought a new Tomtac speedloader (never had problems with them), i saw that they did Bowman style headsets and a SORDINS PTT to go with it (BaoFeng compatible).

Yes i ordered them, but just to instill or remove the possibility of buyer's remorse, could i see your opinions on here? I'm actually curious.

Personally, after a quick google search on reviews I would have gone down the Earmor route if you were looking for a budget headset. Better aftermarket and they are very similar to the likes of Sordins. As for the speedloader - A speedloader is a speedloader, there are good and bad ones but for the most part they all do the same thing but personally I use G&G or the TM ones as I bought them when I first started and havnt needed to buy another since (other than my odin)

2 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Personally, after a quick google search on reviews I would have gone down the Earmor route if you were looking for a budget headset. Better aftermarket and they are very similar to the likes of Sordins. As for the speedloader - A speedloader is a speedloader, there are good and bad ones but for the most part they all do the same thing but personally I use G&G or the TM ones as I bought them when I first started and havnt needed to buy another since (other than my odin)

+1 for this. Although I am a MSA guy, I've heard good things about Earmor. TomTac I believe can be very hit and miss. Its in the same bracket as Z-Tactical. 

23 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

+1 for this. Although I am a MSA guy, I've heard good things about Earmor. TomTac I believe can be very hit and miss. Its in the same bracket as Z-Tactical. 

Same, I always have used Sordins but like you say Earmor seem to have a very good rep as a mid range choice. For some reason I have a niggling feeling the Tomtac are rebranded Z-Tac's but I may be wrong.

Guest Marauder211
18 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Same, I always have used Sordins but like you say Earmor seem to have a very good rep as a mid range choice. For some reason I have a niggling feeling the Tomtac are rebranded Z-Tac's but I may be wrong.

I get the same impression. I think buyer's remorse will kick in later. I'll test the connectors when i get them with my BaoFeng.

35 minutes ago, Marauder211 said:

I get the same impression. I think buyer's remorse will kick in later. I'll test the connectors when i get them with my BaoFeng.

Connectors will be (should be) fine but I highly doubt the ambient pick up will be on pat with the Earmor/Sordin route.

Archived