A&K Box Mag question

RobHedley
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi fellow airsofters,

After much hunting and having to get it from Germany in the end, I finally got a box mag for my M249 Mk2. I went for the smaller capacity 1500 rnd mini box mag by A&K. Unfortunately I cannot get the SAW to fire with it on.

one question is if I turn the magazine to auto or use the included pressure switch, with the magazine off the gun, should the bb’s come out the end of the feed tube? They are feeding up the feed tube and get to the end where there is a spring loaded stopper but they don’t come any further. Once they are at the top I can keep the switch on and the motor runs but they don’t come out the end. However, if I use the little tab to pull back the stopper about 20 odd bb’s fly out the top and make a break do it on the wooden floor!! (Followed by a disapproving look from my other half 😳). Should they come out the end when I am just running the feed system or is it working as expected?

thanks

Rob

thats how its ment to work when its in the gun the little plunger is pressed out of the way so the bbs can load. Have you tryed a standard m4 mag to check your hopup is feeding ok I used this tutorial to set my one up   [TUTORIAL] Minimi M249: Ultimate Guide to Superior Firepower (Disassembly/Shimming/Feeding/Hop-Up) - YouTube

• Supporters

If the feed chute on the gun is as picky as it is on mine you may just not have it in far enough (oo-err missus).

Cheers gents.

@Keithlag thanks for clearing that up.

@Lozart I think that may be the problem as with an M4 mag it fired fine. I will give it a wiggle and get it in deeper..... errrrr..... awkward 😜

Archived