Cyma AEP's, are they all oversized?

koppel
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

"Proportioned" is a fairly loaded term.  From the side, the ratio of length to height is close to the real-steel / real-polymer guns, although both are a bit larger. 

The one that's likely closest to the real-steel size is the CM.121 Desert Eagle.

It's the width where they diverge: they're all necessarily and noticeably thicc in the gripp because of the gearboxes.

That said, I have stubby fingers but can trigger a CM.123 without any problems.  Aesthetically, it's not ideal, but functionally it's fine.

If you require 1:1 then none of them will really do.  If you want a usable low powered pistol (with upgrade potential) then any of them will work.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, koppel said:

Aye, proportioned might not be the right term but the CM123/1911 just looks so daft!

Shush, mine will hear you. :P

I reckon they look OK in isolation.  It's when you put them next to a real (toy) 1911 that the difference leaps out and pokes you in the eye.

Are the TM's similarly too fat as well? They are damn expensive at thrice the price without battery or charger.

Yes, the CYMAs are straight copies of the TMs, they're the same size.  The limit is the motor and gearbox inside the pistol grip.  It's a marvel of miniature engineering, but there's only so far they can shrink it - and there's a magazine in there as well.  The other dimensions get scaled up a bit so that they're not quite so out of proportion compared to the grip.

The CM.121 Desert Eagle is the same length as the real gun (270mm) and likely the closest to the other dimensions.  Heck, I'm tempted to get one and run it with a fore-grip. ;)

• Supporters

Don't know what you lot are moaning about

If you had to wield THIS.....

THEN you got something to complain about

TBH - I'd take a Stti/SRC/HFC GG104/105 for £20

then use it as a hammer if/when it busts

Still want one these Paul Daniels magic extending magazines though....

Archived