G&G compatible ak mags

Tackle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Got a question, so my first ak in 18 years is coming, but it's also my first G&G rifle (I think🤔), and I was wondering about compatible mag brands, looking on eBay etc there's a shitload of cyma mags at good prices, but I don't want to risk buying them if their gonna end up as paperweights due to compatibility ???

anyone know ?

thanks in advance

mark

edit: I'm a dopey twat, glance at my signature & I see I've got a G&G fn2010......doh😴

29 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Got a question, so my first ak in 18 years is coming, but it's also my first G&G rifle (I think🤔), and I was wondering about compatible mag brands, looking on eBay etc there's a shitload of cyma mags at good prices, but I don't want to risk buying them if their gonna end up as paperweights due to compatibility ???

anyone know ?

thanks in advance

mark

edit: I'm a dopey twat, glance at my signature & I see I've got a G&G fn2010......doh😴

If it one of the older style of g&g AKs then most AK magazine brand should such as Cyma, MAG, LCT, Tokyo Marui, APS and E&L just to name a few. If you find that the mags are a tight fit you can file down the front locking portion and the underside of the rear locking tab to help them fit,  just remember to keep test fitting until they fit easily and securely.     

PS just remember that some AK mags do have a tendency to wobble from the side this happens on the real steel AKs too but you can but some electrical tape on the sides to stop it if it bothers you. 

• 1 month later...

I have two G&G guns which take AK mags, I also have a CYMA, an SRC and two APS AK's, the CYMA and SRC mags fit fine but APS won't click in place, 

• Supporters
11 hours ago, dazzer306 said:

I have two G&G guns which take AK mags, I also have a CYMA, an SRC and two APS AK's, the CYMA and SRC mags fit fine but APS won't click in place, 

Only 6 AK's, your clearly not a fan then 😜

Thanks for the info bud, I managed to pick up some hicaps, two of which didn't fit so they're back up for sale, but 2x600's is loads for most games, hell I wouldn't use that much in a day.

Archived