Do the fake airsoft Serpa holsters......

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I imagine he means the opening where you put the gun? Surely it would have to fall apart there so that you can use a main weapon?

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Seany.exe said:

I imagine he means the opening where you put the gun? Surely it would have to fall apart there so that you can use a main weapon?

But it's a moulded plastic shell, how can it fall apart? Why would it need to fall apart to let you use your primary?

If he means do the fittings break or do the locking catches fail then I should imagine that much like any other cheap Chinese knock off then yes, they do sometimes fail but then they're so cheap as to be almost disposable. If that isn't satisfactory you could get the cheaper and fully "real steel" spec IMI or Fobus retention holsters, the WAS Universal retention holster of splash out on an actual BH Serpa or if you're spending that kind of wedge, just bite the bullet and get a Safariland.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Yes. I meant fall apart as in break.

Sorry it wasn't clear.

It's what I figured.

As far as the main body goes, no they don't. As I said they're just a plastic shell so there's not a lot to go wrong with them. The retention catch could fail I guess but it's down to how hard you're going to work it. If you were looking at the dropleg platforms I'd say the leg straps can be a bit rubbish and they're almost always too low. If it's just a retention holster you're after look at the IMI or Fobus ones as they're a far more sensible price for a "real steel" device.

Archived