Nuprol Glock holster for torch bearing gun.

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I need an additional Glock holster, and at some time when funds allow I would like to acquire a pistol torch.

P

Would the Nuprol torch bearing holster hold the Glock without a torch until such time as I got one. Or would the gun move around inside it?

If  not I'll just have to buy another regular holster ie a bit of a waste.

• Supporters

Have a look at the Fobus light bearing holsters. They work without the torch fitted.

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks.

The WE Glock does not fit real Glock holsters.

And most Fobus holsters don't have retension?

Depends on what you want for retention. The light bearing holsters have a thumb break that runs under the trigger guard https://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/fobus-glock-17-light-bearing-holster-rbt17-12799-p.asp

I use one for my HK45 and it fits well and works. And doesn't cost the earth.

Fobus use "passive retention" on their non light bearing models which is basically an indentation into the trigger guard. Works fine.

18 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Depends on what you want for retention. The light bearing holsters have a thumb break that runs under the trigger guard https://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/fobus-glock-17-light-bearing-holster-rbt17-12799-p.asp

I use one for my HK45 and it fits well and works. And doesn't cost the earth.

Fobus use "passive retention" on their non light bearing models which is basically an indentation into the trigger guard. Works fine.

I have one of those Fobus holsters for my TM P226 with torch. Works a treat. However if you use it without the torch fitted, the gun will fall out if you run or lean over too much :(

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tiercel said:

I have one of those Fobus holsters for my TM P226 with torch. Works a treat. However if you use it without the torch fitted, the gun will fall out if you run or lean over too much :(

News to me, I've run mine without the torch and not had an issue. I guess if the barrel pops off the nub in the end it could slip out, but if it's inserted right it should stay put.

Just now, Lozart said:

News to me, I've run mine without the torch and not had an issue. I guess if the barrel pops off the nub in the end it could slip out, but if it's inserted right it should stay put.

Its more any kind of upward motion, it slips up and out if youre jogging about the place sometimes its just enough to slip out. Looking at the pic I seem to have an older version of that holster, it doesnt have a flap over the trigger like that and there doesnt seem to be any way to adjust the tension.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Tiercel said:

Its more any kind of upward motion, it slips up and out if youre jogging about the place sometimes its just enough to slip out. Looking at the pic I seem to have an older version of that holster, it doesnt have a flap over the trigger like that and there doesnt seem to be any way to adjust the tension.

You mean the little leather strap with the popper on it? So yours just holds the slide?

Not quite,

XAo4RF5.png

compared to 

BNyNLJr.png

it looks like on the new glock model it has a little hinge and flappy bit over the trigger, that might secure it better perhaps? Without the light attached you can draw my P226 straight up without even undoing the leather strap, and any significant upwards shock itll fall out. More than once after a spirited gallop past enemy fire, Ive had to call myself dead so I can sheepishly go back and get my pistol as its fallen out :( 

• Supporters

There's two different models of light bearing holster. The EM series (like yours and mine) and the RBT series like the one you've pictured.

Maybe it's just the difference in design of the slide between the P226 and the HK45 but I've not had any issue with it pulling straight out without the torch on. The indentation in the top part of the holster should register in the ejection port and stop that from happening!

Archived