King Arms M&P15 MOE won't shoot at all

killswitch_one
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi! I just bought a King Arms M&P15 MOE and I have one problem. It won't shoot at all.
If you don't know what kind of gun it is, it's one of these.

I'm pretty new to airsoft and don't know how to take them apart or troubleshoot them, but it seems like it doesn't get any electricity. I have tried 3 different fully charged batteries both LiPo and NiMH. The weird part is, I got it to shoot for like 0,5 seconds until it stopped again and I haven't gotten it to work again since.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? I'm really bummed since I literally got it yesterday. Any help would be really appreciated!

If its new from a shop best not take it apart but a common issue you get is a connector falling off the motor in transit , bottom of pistol grip will be 2 screws and under the plate you will find the motor and 2 wires that should be connected. 

Check the inline fuse. It'll be on the wires near the battery connection, It's normally a black snap open box. With a glass 20 amp fuse in it.

And check the motor connections. The motor is inside the pistol grip, Remove the 2 screws holding the plate on the bottom of the piston grip and just make sure the wires are on the motor. It is important that the wires are also on the correct sides of the motor. One side is + (red wire) the other is - (black wire). If these are connected backwards it will do damage to the gun so check twice and be sure if both are off the motor.

@johnnyj Thank you for responding! I bought it used from a guy, he said the gun has only been used twice and was in for service 2 months ago. Both the wires are connected to the motor.

@Iceni Thank you for responding! If I'm correct there is no fuse on this gun, at least not visibly on the battery connector wire. I also checked the motor connections and both wires are connected to the motor. Could it be the battery connector plug?

The gun has no warranty. So you are going to have to pay someone to fix it.

It could be something basic like a failed connection or broken wire, or it could be something more serious like a jammed gearbox.

Battery connector don't tend to be the cause of a lot of gun problems. It's normally deeper, Like a crushed wire in the gearbox shells. You would never find a problem like that looking from the outside, and to identify that problem even with the wires exposed and in front of you it can be a tedious job. A professional will just cut out the bad parts and solder in replacements, Shim the gearbox and tell you if anything internal wants replacing. After having this done to the gun it should be good for a few years if its done right.

So the best solution for you is to have it looked at and be prepared to have to buy a few gearbox part to get it repaired.

It is unfortunately the risk in buying second hand. You should have put a battery into it and tested it. And if you did and it shot, then perhaps his 2 month service was actually a lie, and he did the work himself. Fortunately most gearbox parts are fairly cheap, and a decent gun tech isn't going to charge the earth to fix the problem unless it's well and truly mashed up.

I had a short , the +ve wire was shorting on the gearbox.  Bit of shrink wrap and re-soldering and it was working again.

So if you are lucky, something simple and a tech can sort it quickly for you.

Good luck.

Cheers

G

Does the gun make any sound ? faint click or thud ? 

Mini tam connectors ? if so make sure one of them has not been pushed in a little  

Archived