GC16 v CM16 internals

E21A
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m looking to buy a G&G as my first AEG in the next couple of weeks. I’ve got my eye on a couple from the GC and CM lines. 

My question is, other than the metal and polymer bodies are what are the internal differences? I seem to be coming across conflicting information. I understand the motor in the GC is a 25k and the CM16 is a 18k, beyond that it’s not really all that clear. 

Has anyone taken a look inside both and can say for sure the differences? 

• Supporters

The Cm is G&g bare bones basic gun, the GC has a few “upgraded” parts. I have the CM16, and I have had the GC16, the GC16 has an ETU, mosfet, keymod rail etc. It allows you to set up 3 round burst and the like.

Really does depend what you want from the gun, as a first, I and a few others recommend the CM16 as it’s cheap and performs exceptionally well for a cheap gun.

If you know you will be playing Airsoft for years to come, then it could possibly change, you could get the GC16 if that’s what you want to end up with, or you can get the Cm16, wait till you are used to the guns, and know what you want, sell the CM16 and buy a better gun, or keep it as a back up.

36 minutes ago, Prisce said:

The Cm is G&g bare bones basic gun, the GC has a few “upgraded” parts. I have the CM16, and I have had the GC16, the GC16 has an ETU, mosfet, keymod rail etc. It allows you to set up 3 round burst and the like.

Really does depend what you want from the gun, as a first, I and a few others recommend the CM16 as it’s cheap and performs exceptionally well for a cheap gun.

If you know you will be playing Airsoft for years to come, then it could possibly change, you could get the GC16 if that’s what you want to end up with, or you can get the Cm16, wait till you are used to the guns, and know what you want, sell the CM16 and buy a better gun, or keep it as a back up.

I know i’ll be playing as much as possible for as long as possible so don’t mind skipping the entry level stage and spending a bit more on my starter gun. 

• Supporters

Well I have just listed a G&G Wildhog 9” on the classifieds here, it was one of my team mates first guns, he would highly recommend one. If you can get to a shop and trial a few guns before you buy, I would highly suggest it.

4 hours ago, Prisce said:

Well I have just listed a G&G Wildhog 9” on the classifieds here, it was one of my team mates first guns, he would highly recommend one. If you can get to a shop and trial a few guns before you buy, I would highly suggest it.

What's the range on that gun?

Cheers

G

• Supporters

Varies on weight of B.B/wind etc, but it’s at least 50M actual with .25, he uses .3 and is nearer the 60M mark. 

14 minutes ago, MisterG said:

What's the range on that gun?

Cheers

G

Archived