Advice for my CAA M4 CQB

ryanm051
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm new to airsoft, and I've just bought myself a CAA M4 CQB in black, I'm after a replacement handguard and butt (in black). I don't want to buy these thinking they will fit correctly, so what I'm after are a few links with compatible parts to the gun

I take it you bought it second hand.

You need to post pictures of the gun so we can see what parts you do and don't have.

The stock is a standard part, but you may need a buffer tube and the locking rings. It may also have a cut down wiring loom that will need attention for a full stock. So without seeing it we can't say.

As for the handguard, same deal applies. We need to see what you have, What the fixtures look like, and then people can tell you where to go from there.

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Iceni said:

I take it you bought it second hand.

You need to post pictures of the gun so we can see what parts you do and don't have.

The stock is a standard part, but you may need a buffer tube and the locking rings. It may also have a cut down wiring loom that will need attention for a full stock. So without seeing it we can't say.

As for the handguard, same deal applies. We need to see what you have, What the fixtures look like, and then people can tell you where to go from there.

They already have an adjustable stock so I doubt he'll need a buffer tube. Pretty sure they're front wired (on account of the gopping handguard).

There is a reason for the picture request.

The sports-line variant runs on Cr123 batteries. And has a different layout to a standard M4. The gearbox in that variant is an unknown to me, And may not work well with standard batteries.

http://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/asg-caa-m4-carbine-11-black-15846-p.asp

I have a suspicion that we are dealing with this model, and don't want to give any advice until we know what we are dealing with.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Iceni said:

The sports-line variant runs on Cr123 batteries. 

You sure about that? The stock has storage space for CR123 batteries but the gun still runs on normal ones...

From the CCA site: http://www.caaairsoft.com/cad-ag-07-bk.asp

I always thought they ran on those Cr123 cells lol! I looked at one ages ago and decided against it!

You are right standard front wired.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
On 5/26/2018 at 6:32 PM, ryanm051 said:

I bought it brand new, have got a replacement stock for it now due to the poor quality standard one, just after a new handguard.

The one I have is this:

http://www.caaairsoft.com/cad-ag-02-bk.asp

Assuming you're after a railed handguard, something like this will be a drop in replacement for your existing one https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Cyma-Metal-Aluminum-Handguard-Airsoft/dp/B013SKCS30/ref=sr_1_112?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1527588267&sr=1-112

Bear i mind though that there will most likely not be enough room for a battery in that so you'll need to look at a PEQ style battery box to mount on the rail and hold your battery.

On 5/29/2018 at 11:06 AM, Lozart said:

Assuming you're after a railed handguard, something like this will be a drop in replacement for your existing one https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Cyma-Metal-Aluminum-Handguard-Airsoft/dp/B013SKCS30/ref=sr_1_112?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1527588267&sr=1-112

Bear i mind though that there will most likely not be enough room for a battery in that so you'll need to look at a PEQ style battery box to mount on the rail and hold your battery.

That's exactly what I'm after, had struggle finding the right one, the only bits I want to do now is a new outer barrel, the foresight annoys me due to me having a holographic sight fitted, and a new inner barrel and a hop up

• Supporters
15 hours ago, ryanm051 said:

That's exactly what I'm after, had struggle finding the right one, the only bits I want to do now is a new outer barrel, the foresight annoys me due to me having a holographic sight fitted, and a new inner barrel and a hop up

Bear in mind that a drop in RIS handguard relies on the front sight to hold the front end. If you change the outer barrel to get rid of the sight you'll need a dummy  gas block to do its job. Otherwise I'd suggest changing to a free floating type RIS to begin with, do the whole thing in one hit.

4 hours ago, Lozart said:

Bear in mind that a drop in RIS handguard relies on the front sight to hold the front end. If you change the outer barrel to get rid of the sight you'll need a dummy  gas block to do its job. Otherwise I'd suggest changing to a free floating type RIS to begin with, do the whole thing in one hit.

Yeah I want to do the lot in one hit rather than doing it bit by bit, just had to change the spring on mine so I can go to my local sight

Archived