Adding attachments to the end of an AEG AK barrel

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I understand that most assault rifles have 14mm screw cut barrels to which various accessories can be attached. You just remove the flash hider or whatever, and screw on the attachment of your choice.

But this doesn't seem to be true of the AK guns.  I am specifically interested in LCT guns. 

Is it possible to get  adaptors (secured by grub screws I expect) with a threaded end, for these rifles? Or do you have to get one made?

It depends on the models' for example the lct akm use a 14 mm ccw thread all you have to do is press the retaining button located at the bottom of the front sight post and remove the muzzle brake. The caveat to this is the AK74 and its derivative use either a 21 -24 mm ccw thread (I can not remember the exact number) removal is the same as above. Hope this helps.      

• Supporters

LCT AKs have 24mm threads under the flash hider but this is a screw on adaptor over a 14mm thread. There will be a grub screw (usually underneath) that locks the 24mm outer to the 14mm inner.

Archived