Condor Rifle Slings

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Are the ones priced in the £30-40 price range as durable and reliable as other products in this price range?

I'm looking for a two point bungee sling that can be changed over to single point - this one in fact:

http://www.military1st.co.uk/us1002-001-condor-cbt-2-point-bungee-sling-olive-drab.html

I am wondering about the price though. The reason is that the single point bungee sling on the same site is costs £31.95, when elsewhere I can find it 12 quid cheaper. Just wondering if the cheaper one is a genuine bargain, or the more expensive one overpriced ie. can anybody recommend military Ist?

I just want to buy something that is unlikely to snap on me and drop up to 4k of gun and accessories on the on the concrete.

• Supporters

Bungee slings are the work of the devil.

Also - what gun are you buying that's setting you back £4k?

• Supporters

Go within your budget and what you feel comfortable with hanging your gun off of. Yes, a £40 sling will work. But so has the £10 sling I bought on Amazon a couple years ago. 

Now if I had a gun worth 4k I'd spend the extra cash and get something that's been tested to be durable and long lasting which is used with real steel. I sure as hell wouldn't trust my current one on a gun that expensive. 

Something like the VTAC would work well or anything by Warrior or Magpul. 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Gepard said:

Now if I had a gun worth 4k I'd spend the extra cash and get something that's been tested to be durable and long lasting which is used with real steel. I sure as hell wouldn't trust my current one on a gun that expensive. 

Something like the VTAC would work well or anything by Warrior or Magpul. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^this.

If you're spending real steel money on the gun, buy a proper weapon sling. I'd add Ferro Concepts and BFG to the list though.

Sorry Lads.:lol:

I was referring to the weight. I meant 4 kilos.

4000 quid on a gun? No way.

An AK can weigh up to 3.5 kilos (more in some cases) and when you start to attach things to it - scope mounts , sight, flash light, tracer unit, etc. the weight can quickly go over 4 kilos.

Some of my scoped air rifles weighed over 12lbs but I never used a sling on an air rifle, because my guns were target only. So I know nothing at all about slings.

It's just that that bungee cord looks kind of frail to me.

So, maybe I should follow Lozard's implied advice and just look for a sling without the elastic. They seem more difficult to find though. I want something as strong as the proverbial brick outhouse. Maybe I should just buy a genuine canvas AK two point sling for two and sixpence and have done with it. 

• Supporters
6 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

So, maybe I should follow Lozard's implied advice and just look for a sling without the elastic. They seem more difficult to find though. I want something as strong as the proverbial brick outhouse. Maybe I should just buy a genuine canvas AK two point sling for two and sixpence and have done with it. 

3.5kg is nothing. Try an m249 or an m14 ebr.  Either way, 2 point slings are quite fashionable at the minute so if you know where to look they're common enough. Try www.Tactical-kit.co.uk for a proper one or maybe hueys.co.uk (the ops 2 point sling comes in many colours and is fairly cheap).

Can't go far wrong with a canvas AK sling on an AK though! 

Guest scalawag

I get my slings from Ant Supplies.  They do a mix of real steel, hunting and airsoft items including slings in all shapes and sizes, all at reasonable prices.  Great service too and all the prices include postage, I usually get anything I order within 2 days.

https://www.ant-supplies.uk

Its another option.

Thanks to you both for your sensible advice and links.

When I consider how much weight I have carried over the years in suitcases with plastic handles, worrying that a sling might be broken by a mere 4 kilos does seem to be a tad ocd.

Most slings between 10 and 20 quid would probably be fine, and save me a bit of money.

Archived