LCT AKs are too expensive?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

In America the LCT guns are said to be expensive.

I looked at the Fire-Support site and they don't appear to be expensive to me. Not much more than Cyma in fact.

Yes, there are a couple of anniversary special editions at £600+ for sale but the rest of the guns are available for between £220-250. You  can pay £200 for a Cyma.

Am I missing something? Are these guns the equivalent of the budget lines that some companies like ICS and G&G make? 

Or are they relatively cheap because AKs don't sell as fast as M4s?

• Root Admin

They aren't. Perhaps you're thinking of E&L? E&L can be reasonably pricey.

They're made cheap because - rumour has it - that the exteriors (receiver and barrel) are made in an actual AK factory. They are ridiculously tough.

Thanks for the reply.

So they are actually representative of the LCT line, and not a budget line within the range?

If so, they seem to be pretty good value for money.

I suppose AKs suffer from the fact that they aren't as versatile as the M4 platform. They seem to be a solid gun that isn't particularly suitable for the latest all singing and dancing stuff that is available for other guns - no lipo, no electronic trigger, not much in the way of attachments, etc.

But for somebody like me who likes AKs, just wants a solid gun with a version 3 gearbox, that works fairly reliably, they are probably a good buy.

Am I reading you correctly?

LCT's from  firesupport are the correct price for the real thing. The only thing that might differ from the US market is there are some importers who request a different factory spring. Most USA guns shoot at 400fps, The UK sold ones can be as high as 400fps, but often they come in at 300-350fps. Firesupport have a bullet point stating the stock they have is 330fps as a factory downgrade. So it's UK site legal out of the box.

45 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

AKs suffer from the fact that they aren't as versatile as the M4 platform

Not at all. Depending on the model there are probably more crazy options for the AK. Side mounted scopes, 3 potential battery compartments (upper, foregrip, stock), Wood kits, plastic kits, Ris sections, Screw on rails, tonnes of stock options, Wood, Solid, Wire, Folding, M4 style, Collapsing.

Ak's also have a superb hop, with a slide adjustment.

What you get with LCT is very solid internals, No mosfet, but you can add one easy enough, You can use a 7.4V lipo without fear without a mosfet. If you want to run a massive 11.1 or 14.4 lipo then you need a mosfet.

You can add an electronic trigger, Gate titans work in V3 gearboxes. Granted expensive and require a lot of knowledge to fit but the option for electric triggers is open to any standard gearbox. Electronic triggers are nice but not needed.

LCT AK's do represent good value for money, you will not be disappointed with one.

4 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Are these guns the equivalent of the budget lines that some companies like ICS and G&G make?

It's not a comparison you can make.

ICS and G&G don't produce the externals that LCT do. The only way to get those externals is to buy an LCT or a model that uses LCT externals E&L.

Internally the gearbox is decent. Not as fancy as some of the products that the other big companies produce, but it's also not a budget gearbox. It's a durable functional box. It should have a good life expectancy. It's not chinasoft, but it's not Guci either.

LCT are the only AK that can do this if you have the cash to splash as well... This is very expensive.

https://daytonagunairsoft.com/collections/aeg-body-conversion-kits/products/daytona-hpa-lct-ak-rpk-kit

• Root Admin

As someone in the progress of fitting a DG kit into an LCT AK this morning, I agree :)

They are extremely robust. I wouldn't worry about the low price at all. E&L do have marginally nicer externals if you ask me (in terms of the detail on the stamping), but for the price difference I'm not sure it's worth it.

There's a DG kit in development for the LCT G3, You have no idea how tempting that would be for me.

Back on topic.

You've had a couple of threads now emilianoksa, I know you are apprehensive about the LCT. Don't be.

Compared to a Cyma it's a totally different setup. At the bottom end Cyma are all plastic,  Then they move to pot metal bodies. Internally they come with a chinasoft gearbox. It's a basic V3. 6-7mm bushings, Cheap overall components. Those guns work well, but they all fail in the same way, Either the externals fail catastrophically after a few years, or the internals are a little lacking and you upgrade them to the point where you have spent far too much on making a cheap gun shoot very well. It's not a false economy to go with a cheap gun provided you understand that there is a point at which upgrades will no longer add value to the gun.

Take a £90 cyma, 25K motor (£40), Airseal nozzle (£10), Cylinder head + piston head (£20), 6.03 inner barrel (£40), Spring guide (£10), Bearings (£10). = £220.

That above spec is the same as the stock LCT. Only the LCT comes with a steel body. It's not a false economy to go with LCT from the start.

Archived