SAPI & Osprey

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Wondering, will SAPI plates fit into an MK4 Osprey cover? I know the armour plates are different shapes..

• Supporters

No, it won't. The plates are too small. You could fill out the area with some foam though. Just surround the plate with those tubes you find in swimming pools to give it a better fit.

2 hours ago, Gepard said:

No, it won't. The plates are too small. You could fill out the area with some foam though. Just surround the plate with those tubes you find in swimming pools to give it a better fit.

Reckon I’m just going to go with one of these then

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/vests-rigs/delta-soft-body-armor-black-8fields?from=listing&campaign-id=20

• Supporters

You can make your own , just look for super high density SF50 foam it’s the same type they use to make the dummy plates you get with your carrier .

17 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

You can make your own , just look for super high density SF50 foam it’s the same type they use to make the dummy plates you get with your carrier .

Decent idea for most folks, but I’m using concrete-filled plastic dummy plates to 3.5kg each to work into my fitness training.

• Supporters

Aaahh yes ! the masochist from the other thread ! :P

Archived