Need a new sidearm

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been running a P226 since I got into Airsoft about a year ago.

Now summer's here, I want to lighten up my load, possibly even be able to take just a pistol and a few mags onto a skirmish with shorts and a shirt. Last game dragging about an M4 with an ACU, vest, 6 mags and an action camera on a fast helmet was a sweltering hell. (Pro tip, take a spare civvy shirt for after the games. A 2 hour drive in a soaking wet t shirt or acu is most unpleasant!)

Was looking at getting either a G19 or G26 pistol. I do like the snappy recoil on the WE ones, and my WE sig is lasting really well. I want something light and compact, but still enough to use on its own as a primary.

• Supporters

TM HK45. Stop all this lady-gun Glock nonsense!

• Supporters
Just now, Georgeturner2001 said:

Yesssss, just got one last Sunday!

One of us!

One of us!

One of us!

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Glad to join the HK45 club!

What holster do you use? 

Fobus EM-17 LS RT http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/fobus-lightlaser-bearing-holster-em17-ls-sig-p226--hk-usp-14542-p.asp

It's sold as being for the USP and SIG P226 but seeing as the HK45 is incredibly similar to the USP in frame size, it fits lovely. Retains well even without the strap done up too. I use a Nextorch WL-10 Executor torch on mine so I needed a holster that would work with that too http://www.nextorch.com/en/index.php/products/74 Only issue is that sometimes if the gun isn't quite seated correctly the retention strap can flick the light on. Two minutes with a bit of sandpaper would sort it out but let's face it, I'm lazy.

I have the holster mounted on this by the way: http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/fobus-tactical-thigh-rig-9926-p.asp

Nah, too big.

If I was just buying a new pistol, I'd get a TM MK23. I want something light and small.

Looks great thank you, wasn't sure what holsters would work as they don't seem to sell loads of HK45 ones in the U.K.

will have to invest in one, thanks a bunch! :D

On the fence between the Glock 19, XDM Compact and Toucan Little Bird, all by WE.

I like the idea of the the Toucan's 2 mag options to extend the grip.

we-xdm-3-8-3.jpg

we-bb-002-black_2_1.jpg

we-g003a-b-g19-gen4_02mh.jpg

Looked at the P229 since I can use my existing holster and fastmag pouches, but was still a little hefty for what I want as a compact pistol.

I like the idea of the exchangeable backstraps, and the option of extending the grip length with the mags on the little bird, but that snappy glock action I've tried at the local shops range is pretty damn cool.

Archived