Please Help! Mega Arms GBB MKM

Fallschirmjäger
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi folks, I'm trusting I've come to the right place for a little advice. My friend and I are setting up a company to offer tactical weapons training to UK based airsoft players. I have 15+ years of service and due to medical retirement, I'm looking to put my time to good use (and make a few quid too).

I've acquired a few bits to start me off. The guns I've chosen for the main weapon are Mega Arms MKM GBB rifles. For side arms, I've some Glock copies, not sure as to who they're made by, My main concern is the performance of the AR-15s. I've chosen them because they translate to real-world muscle memory characteristics etc with their reasonable degree of general platform build features. However, they shoot awful at ranges of even 50yds. Before anyone jumps down my throat, I don't know what an airsoft weapon is capable of so, that, is why I'm here. Can anyone with their superior knowledge please advise the following:

1 - Is this lack of accuracy (6ft at 50yds) normal?

2 - If not, what can I do to improve it?

3 - Where can I go to get these upgrades?

Yes, I've tried Goggling it but not having the base knowledge of this platform hinders me somewhat. I'd like the weapons to shoot as accurate and as powerful as possible as pain tends to translate into a lesson learned!!!

Many thanks in advance.

• Supporters

1. No that's bad

2. Use heavier bb's, replace the hop rubber

3. Have a look in the where to buy section

Never heard off those guns before, so I cannot be more specific etc

Edit:- apparently there made by PTS

• Supporters

They're made by KWA (OEM being a company called Yih Kai), and licensed/marketed via PTS.

Yes, I've tried Goggling it but not having the base knowledge of this platform hinders me somewhat. I'd like the weapons to shoot as accurate and as powerful as possible as pain tends to translate into a lesson learned!!!

Being Automatic capable guns, there is new legislation on the way you need to be aware of, read up over at UKAPU.

They're quite likely shooting over 350 on a 0.2g BB already as it is, if you're getting people to shoot these at each other as a business I'm sure you've researched in to what sort of insurance you need to cover yourself but you really need to dig in to what muzzle energy levels are permitted. When you were in it would all have been covered somehow (training with simunition and the like); not the case with civvies.

They're made by KWA (OEM being a company called Yih Kai), and licensed/marketed via PTS.

Being Automatic capable guns, there is new legislation on the way you need to be aware of, read up over at UKAPU.

They're quite likely shooting over 350 on a 0.2g BB already as it is, if you're getting people to shoot these at each other as a business I'm sure you've researched in to what sort of insurance you need to cover yourself but you really need to dig in to what muzzle energy levels are permitted. When you were in it would all have been covered somehow (training with simunition and the like); not the case with civvies.

Firstly, thanks for the reply and help. I'm aware of the upcoming changes to the EU Firearms Directive which will not affect us soon), but not on the airsoft component. It looks, having done around four hours of research this morning, I'm going to have to run things as a basic airsoft company, but it obviously will not be team v team based as seems to be the norm; looks like you guys have fun though!

I just want to to try and help guys with things like acquisition skills, target scan and identification, cohesive aggressive movements and transitions to sidearms that become second nature - muscle memory. Even guys like Travis Haley are strong proponents of training with airsoft weapons.

The company will have sufficient and applicable indemnity insurance. I'll chronograph the guns I have at present and see how they perform. Any advice on where to go for spares would be helpful too. Again, there appears to be loads on the net but I'd rather use someone after having been referred there by someone who knows his onions... Many thanks chaps (and chapettes)

Archived