Upgrades

Callumw95
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

If you haven't ordered the barrel I wouldn't bother whether prommy or pdi you wont really gain anything.

As for the nozzle a lot of people go on about o'rings but while they can improve airseal it isn't necessary on most guns. The air nozzle needs to move freely on the cylinder head nozzle and adding a point of friction is a bad idea. I would only do that if the parts didn't mate together well but the Krytac ones do. With a good pairing it isnt necessary which is why very few manufacturers do it because the tolerances are generally good. Its normally only when people start using different after market parts that fit together sloppily that o'rings are necessary.

If you are going to flat hop try the lonex 50 its what I use for flat hops and rhops as it seals well and prommy buckings can be problematic with a lot of hops because they are slightly thicker. I find it works far more consistently and use the namazu nub if you can.

Yeah I tried to find a Namazu for him but everywhere keeps selling out, those things sell fast...because they work. Never tried one though and only used the prommy flat nubs but the prommy's are pretty good in my experience. You can SERIOUSLY tell the difference between stock bucking and nub and the flat hop. It's a good extra 50 feet or so for me and accuracy is better. If the nozzle doesn't work for him, I'll have it off him and shove it in my new GB backup build. Worth trying and if it works he will have "perfect" seal inside the gearbox.

The prommy barrels in my experience are pretty good, pricier than what they are worth though definitely. Not much difference between the Madbull 6.03's and this in performance but when I suppose when the Madbull lining inside the barrel goes on the black python ones, it gets a bit meh as i have seen with another gun. It is a solid barrel though and he is willing to splash on it. What is funny is he has only played 3 times and is already fixated on upgrading his gun XD

Ordered and done...he accidently ordered the standard black nub but it won't realy mattter too much. He is using 0.28 at around 330fps on a 0.2 so soft would maybe be better but I went from a soft nub to a hard nub on the prommy's and the difference was actually hard to tell at all. I think the soft gave me just a bit more but negligible.

Also, managed to fix my M4 with a lonex hop up but I think I am totally hijacking this thread now lol so apologies to the OP

Krytac's are good as they come gearbox wise but if you are absolutely set on it, as already discussed, a trigger board mosfet which does require a lot of dremelling on the GB maybe where you want to go and perhaps a new motor but if you just want accuracy and range etc then a better barrel and a flat nub and shaving the mound and guide rail of your bucking is what you want. Take it from someone who is sick and tired of troubleshooting sh*t, you want a really good performing gun but they can and usually are so much more trouble than they are worth that I would just steer clear of the GB entirely and only touch the hop up but if you are getting someone to do it for you than by all means get a Titan in that thing off you go. 

Archived