Good Mags for G&G CM16?

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I bought a G&G CM16 R8L, but unfortunately the 3 A&K PMag hicaps I also bought just fall out and never lock into place. Someone suggested nuprol mags work well, but I also want some stubby 20rd-style mags for when I'm prone and apparently nuprol don't make those.

To make the A&K fit and lick into combat machine (i had it before) you havi to file it a little bit.

You know the scuare/rectangular cutout on the mad (somwhere in the top). And you have to file the top of the rectangle (FROM INSIDE) via doung that you will make the rectangle bigger letting the mag catch to lock in.

If you need more info allways ask and i can make some pics.

To make the A&K fit and lick into combat machine (i had it before) you havi to file it a little bit.

You know the scuare/rectangular cutout on the mad (somwhere in the top). And you have to file the top of the rectangle (FROM INSIDE) via doung that you will make the rectangle bigger letting the mag catch to lock in.

If you need more info allways ask and i can make some pics.

Thanks for the info, but in all honesty, I don't want to have to start fiddling around with things like that. IMO, modifying should be about making things work better, not just work at all, especially when they're all brand new.

Yeah, but they are great mags and I have them for over a year now and they work and feed flawlessly, worth doing it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASG-M16-Round-Magazine-Pack/dp/B00D2V2LGK

I was going to say the same. :)

OP, did the short mags from the other thread you started not pan out?

I'd ordered some short vietnam style ones that were also A&K, but managed to cancel it before dispatch when I found the large ones wouldn't fit properly. At an airsoft shop yesterday, the tech guy did mention that G&Gs were often fussy and rarely worked with A&K mags without modification. He recommended Nuprol mags, but they don't do the short mags. G&G on the other hand do (although they're nearly 3 times the price).

I may give those ASG's a try then. But jesus, I don't need 10 of the damn things! Anyone fancy going halves? £30 for 5 mags?

I'd ordered some short vietnam style ones that were also A&K, but managed to cancel it before dispatch when I found the large ones wouldn't fit properly. At an airsoft shop yesterday, the tech guy did mention that G&Gs were often fussy and rarely worked with A&K mags without modification. He recommended Nuprol mags, but they don't do the short mags. G&G on the other hand do (although they're nearly 3 times the price).

I may give those ASG's a try then. But jesus, I don't need 10 of the damn things! Anyone fancy going halves? £30 for 5 mags?

Some sites sell them separately, but they're free post at amazon and so reliable you can just take em for loaning out at games. :)

Archived