Eye dominance or hand dominance?

Kash
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Basically, im significantly left eyed dominant but im right handed so its a right pain seeing down sights without closing an eye which isn't great. Figured this out when I shot clays a while back

As im about to try get into airsofting, was just wondering, should I learn to rifle left handed or what?

Any thoughts appreciated.

I am the same. To be honest at the range airsoft is played its not really an issue.

• Supporters

Most people just watch where their BBS are going and adjust accordingly.

Alternatively you could use a holosight (dunno if this applies to clones) which you should use both eyes open.

I am left handed but right eye dominant, having learnt to shoot on SA80's in my RN career I had to get used to shooting right handed, in airsoft I shoot ambidextrously with no issues unless using a gun that is not suitable for ambi shooting. I think you can program your brain to do what you need it to do, it may sound an odd comparison but I use a left handed mouse on both my PCs at home yet a right handed one at work with no issues. You'll get used to swapping sides as and whenever you need to in airsoft.

Fair enough With the bb tracing makes sense

With regards to the both eyes open, thats what I do, which is what makes it hard. I only see the image from my left eye.. So I see the side of my gun not the sights

Fair enough With the bb tracing makes sense

With regards to the both eyes open, thats what I do, which is what makes it hard. I only see the image from my left eye.. So I see the side of my gun not the sights

Sure that's not a separate issue to cross dominance?

I've got a lazy eye and cross dominance and I can still ADS with both eyes (though my right eyesight is too poor).

Well, slight exaggeration, the left eye takes control, right eyes always been lazy. Works fine when I close the other.. Just really lazy. Has been for about 20 years

Archived