Battery Safety/Storage

Hitman_Actual
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning All,

(beware noob questions!)

I am not going to be able to a Skirmish for a couple of months now - so I am just wondering what to do with my batteries.

Should I disconnect the one in the rifle (G&G Raider) as it wont be in use? or is it safe to stay attached?

Is it safer to store any batteries out of harms way? (garage) are they also ok stored in their boxes?

Batteries are Nuprol 11.1 Lipo

Thanks in advance

Jon

Guest PT247

Never ever leave a LiPo connected to your gun. Also when storing never store them fully charged or flat.

Stick them in a box to protect them but they will be fine in the house.

Never ever leave a LiPo connected to your gun. Also when storing never store them fully charged or flat.

Stick them in a box to protect them but they will be fine in the house.

Thanks for the response - I fully charged one yesterday to test the gun - will that one be ok to disconnect and store? or do I need to use it a bit more to drain some of the charge?

If you're buying Lipos may as well get some fire proof bags alongside it.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__90280__Turnigy_174_Fire_Retardant_LiPoly_Battery_Bag_Zippered_200x155x95mm_1pc_.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__4364__Lithium_Polymer_Charge_Pack_25x33cm_JUMBO_Sack.html

I like the carrier more for convenience than anything, but you can pretty much store them in any sturdy material.

Also, the hobby king smart charger has a storage charge option, I use it for long term storage, not overnight storage or anything.

Archived