The Daytona Build

LordGeorge

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Na, it won't be delayed that long. Remember, it's a block of metal at this point, not an RIF. Should be released Wednesday I'd imagine, but phone in as soon as it's at your Parcelforce depot (I know I said national hub before but that's wrong). They only dispatch the letter once it's there.

Maybe not today :(

ddf9353f714f21b8663b4956328d1f6a.png

Was so hopefull at 12, not so now ^_^. I never realised how lax Customs really was.

On the plus side, I striped the 416 down to its bare skin. Unscrewing the barrel coller was fun <_<.

Also ordered the 4 mags, saved £20 just by contacting the seller direct and not taking the ebay price as the final B).

Hope everyone is well. :D

Hope you didn't go hicrap hero in the end except for that break-in mag.

:unsure: errrm no :blink: .

Haha, i did get 4 high caps. For only two reasons.

One, I needed more for my scar and two i cant stand wind wheel mags!

I would rather sound like the doritos band is following me than stand behind a tree getting fired at, while fingering a magazine untill it clicks.

Flash mags take two seconds with no fuss to wind up.

I want to get some PTS mags some time but just for ease, high caps for the mo.

:unsure: errrm no :blink: .

Haha, i did get 4 high caps. For only two reasons.

One, I needed more for my scar and two i cant stand wind wheel mags!

I would rather sound like the doritos band is following me than stand behind a tree getting fired at, while fingering a magazine untill it clicks.

But the frantic reloads mid firefight are the best. You are missing out on some of the fun :P

Hey all

Kit finally passed customs and in the end only payed £22 customs, inc handling fee.. HEE HEE, quiet shout out to TNK ;)

Will get it monday so the fun will comence.

Profrink, i saw you mention about the rhop for your daytona. I have not long done my mk17 and its crazy good, does the daytona hop up take either Gbb or AEG barrels ok ?
Hadnt factored in buying a orga magnus yet, what you think ?

Cheers

• Root Admin

AEG only. I got the 6.23. A lot recommend the 6.08(?). Regardless, any decent wide bore will do except for Delta Strike (Prometheus/Layla's/Fire Factory) as they have a plastic hop window.

Also don't get an aluminium one as they're known to warp. The best brands only use steel or brass anyway.

AEG only. I got the 6.23. A lot recommend the 6.08(?). Regardless, any decent wide bore will do except for Delta Strike (Prometheus/Layla's/Fire Factory) as they have a plastic hop window.

Also don't get an aluminium one as they're known to warp. The best brands only use steel or brass anyway.

Hmm, well planned to get widebore anyway so just means getting it earlier :)

I have got to re-measure my current inner barrel as im sure its not even 260mm, id rather not have to get a longer rail and outer barrel just to accomodate the inner. Will have to see if anyone local does cut and crowning.

I did my last one on a 560mm madbull but it was aluminium so easy to cut and dremmel.

Whats your thoughts ?

• Root Admin

Yeh, you'll want it professionally done and crowned as that can screw with your airflow if done wrong. I think Airlab does it if you're struggling to find somewhere, but I'm sure there are plenty of places out there. Preferably you'll just measure it right and get it right the first time :)

But er, stay away from those aluminium ones like Madbull and others.

Yeh, you'll want it professionally done and crowned as that can screw with your airflow if done wrong. I think Airlab does it if you're struggling to find somewhere, but I'm sure there are plenty of places out there. Preferably you'll just measure it right and get it right the first time :)

But er, stay away from those aluminium ones like Madbull and others.

Kingdom of Airsoft does an excellent job of modifying barrels FYI :)

Cheers

Yeah i did see airlab doing it when i got my last z-kit from them. Its just the time of getting it and sending it off, then having it back.

I seriously need to scratch up on my patience skills. ;)

Well i had that madbull alu barrel and i have noticed scores inside the barrel :mellow:.

very much a measure 10 times cut once type situation.

I have the equipment to cut steel or brass, its mainly crowning im not 100% on a £80 barrel.

Or just buy a barrel that's the right length. I thought you hadn't bought it yet :S

No no, havent ordered anything yet.

Had busy weekend inc skirmish yesterday so not had the time to pick out the barrel.

I need to re-measure my current GBB barrel, i know its roughly around the 220mm mark.

I really wanted a widebore and would rather not skimp on getting it right first time.

• Root Admin

Well, ORGA make them in all the normal lengths. As do PDI for the 6.08s. Just don't get the Delta Strike because of the plastic window as previously mentioned. Don't worry about getting it cut - you'll get it right first time if you just measure it.

Mine was about 4cm longer than it should have been as it's a 500mm, but the idea always was that would go inside a thread adapter anyway for the amplifier so it's perfect now.

Also, funny story.

Got back on saturday from picking the scuba bottle up after its test.

Plopped it down in the hallway and mildly opened the valve. "Bare in mind the misus was about 4 foot away"

If the phrase blown away could have been used, it was then !

The misus fell backwards, while screaming. It was like slow motion matrix style movie.

The blinds flying all over the place, women screaming with hair waving in the slight storm and the screach of air passing the tiny nozzle.

Good job she was in a good mood haha, also very good for removing dust if anyone struggles with large open spaces :rolleyes: !

Well, ORGA make them in all the normal lengths. As do PDI for the 6.08s. Just don't get the Delta Strike because of the plastic window as previously mentioned. Don't worry about getting it cut - you'll get it right first time if you just measure it.

Mine was about 4cm longer than it should have been as it's a 500mm, but the idea always was that would go inside a thread adapter anyway for the amplifier so it's perfect now.

Yeah, well i have a noveski sound hog. If i can find a way to even slightly alter the outer barrel lengh without a fugly adapter poking around.

Many choices and one way to do things.

• Root Admin

Arent WE 416s CCW and the sound hog CW? If so, I got an outer-barrel extension that converted my WOC to CCW and was the same width and finish as the existing barrel. Got it from Airsoft Machine Shop, but their web store seems to be closed now. Also they get a lot of mixed reviews on their higher end work, but I guess they can't really screw up a barrel extension. May be worth contacting them.

Arent WE 416s CCW and the sound hog CW? If so, I got an outer-barrel extension that converted my WOC to CCW and was the same width and finish as the existing barrel. Got it from Airsoft Machine Shop, but their web store seems to be closed now. Also they get a lot of mixed reviews on their higher end work, but I guess they can't really screw up a barrel extension. May be worth contacting them.

Its not a standard barrel dude, the old owner had a custom ris and barrel installed. Hence the wierd barrel lengh :)

Ah cool, will take a look thankyou, if the entention is flush with the existing barrel then thats fine.

What kind of 'custom' barrel? They're almost always in generic lengths.

I honestly dont know, i breifly took it all appart and temporarily re-assembled for yesterday.

I would agree but its certainly not 260mm, the closest i have seen so far is a 247mm and a 229mm.

Will report back later once i take the actual lengh.

Also, funny story.

Got back on saturday from picking the scuba bottle up after its test.

Plopped it down in the hallway and mildly opened the valve. "Bare in mind the misus was about 4 foot away"

If the phrase blown away could have been used, it was then !

The misus fell backwards, while screaming. It was like slow motion matrix style movie.

The blinds flying all over the place, women screaming with hair waving in the slight storm and the screach of air passing the tiny nozzle.

Good job she was in a good mood haha, also very good for removing dust if anyone struggles with large open spaces :rolleyes: !

The moral of the story is, dont mess with hight pressure infront of women :P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.