ARES - Amoeba AM-013 Honey badger

Defbadger

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Welocme to the site. Cant comment on the honey badger as never used or shot one. But get yourself to a few games and just ask some of the guys (and girls if you can ever find one) about their guns and gear. Never met an airsofter yet who wont be more than happy to tell you all you want to know (and some stuff you dont) about thier guns etc.

I wanted the badger as my first gun but was 'persuaded' otherwise ;) and have a G36 variant (608 KV) instead and I love it.

Its my first gun and for me its perfect. Will be taking it out in the next few weeks for my first Milsim.

I got mine from Taiwangun.com. Can't recommend them highly enough :)

Ares are notorious for gearbox issues, but there's plenty who have a bit o badger without issue.

Personally i'd avoid it for something similar by a better manufacturer

What's your budget?

£350 takes you out of the ICS/G&G £150-£200 leagues. I'd say just pick a gun type you like the look of and get the Tokyo Marui version of it, they're the godfathers of modern airsoft guns.

There's lots of exotic options for that cash, but for a first gun you can't beat a bit o Marui, as it'll be a stable foundation to build your collection from, and will probably never break unless you give it a helping drop/kick. It's a gun you'd not really need to upgrade ever, perhaps buy it with a stronger spring installed or treat yourself to a higher quality barrel, but that's about it.

If you're picking a gun type you've not held before i'd recommend going to an airsoft store to give it a feel, even if you buy from elsewhere.

I really like the look and sound of the Scorpion Evo 3 and its in your budget at £299 but you are gonna need to buy extra mags for it at £49 for 3

• Supporters

Ok mate will do

gunna try the g36c and a m4 carbine first

I like the look and feel of the m-tar21 too

There isnt a good tar21 in airsoft.

As for g36c and M4 it depends on what make there are as many bad manufacturers as good. Whats inside matters more than the externals.

In the honey badgers case ugly inside and out best to steer clear

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.