Help with a price for an upgraded Scar H

Hef Legend

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just after a rough price on a Dboys scar H.

Externally the gun in standard.

Accessories:

3 x high caps

Potentially a QD tan EoTech 553, depending on the price.

Internally the gun has had the below parts installed by a shop near me, below is the email confirmation on works (amended as per Z1 rules) :

Madbull TBB Barrel

Maple Leaf Bucking

High speed gears (SHS 13:1 ratio)

New Mosfet-Pico SSR2 (non-active breaking)

Angle of engagement

High torque motor (may not need it, it is meant to have one all ready)

FPS is circa 300

Wired to deans

This version of the Scar H has the disguised wiring, as opposed to the standard cables. This makes it a lot easier to just pop the lower off if any work needed to be done and no cables to be pinched.

Any ideas on pricing would be greatly appreciated or if anyone is interest, drop me a PM.

Unable to attached pictures at the moment, but can provide them via email and also copies of emails confirming the work carried out.

Reason I'm shifting it, is I've recently picked up a TM Scar H and a P*......so as you can imagine, this one has to go.

• Supporters

Just after a rough price on a Dboys scar H.
Externally the gun in standard.
Accessories:
3 x high caps
Potentially a QD tan EoTech 553, depending on the price.
Internally the gun has had the below parts installed by a shop near me, below is the email confirmation on works (amended as per Z1 rules) :
Madbull TBB Barrel
Maple Leaf Bucking
High speed gears (SHS 13:1 ratio)
New Mosfet-Pico SSR2 (non-active breaking)
Angle of engagement
High torque motor (may not need it, it is meant to have one all ready)
FPS is circa 300
Wired to deans
This version of the Scar H has the disguised wiring, as opposed to the standard cables. This makes it a lot easier to just pop the lower off if any work needed to be done and no cables to be pinched.
Any ideas on pricing would be greatly appreciated or if anyone is interest, drop me a PM.
Unable to attached pictures at the moment, but can provide them via email and also copies of emails confirming the work carried out.
Reason I'm shifting it, is I've recently picked up a TM Scar H and a P*......so as you can imagine, this one has to go.

Breaking it down costs wise and going by usual AF-UK 75% value n crap......

SC-02 = £130 new (175 Euro at normal GF or TWG) so that equates to let us say £100

now upgrades are a techy subject as some upgrades are beneficial and others can be "improvements" that need to be done anyway

eg: AoE, fet, deans etc.....

Madbull barrel - hmmm just the name in most people's opinion £30 ??? new

Maple Leaf bucking - say a tenner, though I presume also a better hop than D-Boys was probably fitted - £10-ish

Gears - SHS 13:1 gonna go with £17:50 - well lets say £20 to round it off fitted n shimmed well

Pico fet £15

SHS motor £25 to £30 average retail price

so parts wise new you are looking at about £100 in parts on a £130 new gun = £230 new list pricing

no doubt them parts are a big improvement over stock but need to be fitted of course

Gonna go out on a limb and say £300 all in for new gun + new parts + fitting

(yes I know it ain't gonna be just a couple of hours to get it all running absolute sweet but some stuff like AoE needs box stripping down anyway)

So with a £300 figure for say gun tweaked and chuck in the mags

you are looking at about £225 I would say would be a fair price if 75% resale value

Anybody else feel free to chime in - might be a final offer of £200 if your are desperate

or chuck in Eotech to sweeten deal but bollox to the lot for £200 - that is giving it away

(tell them to buy it all themselves new and do the work - f*ck that, or link them to JBBG for proper guns coz they must still be dreaming)

You could shove it up for £250 ono and see what interest you get - but think £225-ish sounds about right to me

yup you probably paid out a fair bit for a tech to do the work for ya but alas some stuff you can't recoup that much

as service/tweaking etc... is all part of the course

(much like spending £500 on an old banger's clutch - don't mean it is worth another £500 when you flogg the old jalopy motor)

£200 without sight sounds about the bottom line I'd sell it for if I was desperate

£225 sounds about a fair starting price to me..... - all parts fitted free I guess you could say

anybody else think it is worth say 2 Curly wirly's & a Creame Egg if you chuck in a good lipo too

Helpful as always duck :)

I'd be happy with near £200ish if I'm honest. I'm just thinking the collection out a bit and already have a TM Scar H, so can't justify having 2.

Cheers

• Supporters

Think £200 is about right tbh

then you got all the paypal postage bollox fees crap

(me personally I expected to see a price all in rather than add £xxx for post + 4% paypal rubbish)

but we all roll slightly differently and depends on if 5k or 50k rnds put through her

with the gears n stuff in there that should be running rather bloody quick btw

and 300fps is a little low rough estimate......

Should be hitting about 25 to 30rps at a rough guess

the tbb should have placed a smidge more fps and at that speed it might have been a good idea to

fitted a m110 spring and short stroke a tooth to stop double cycling

(might have SS 2 teeth on a m110 and that is maybe why 300 fps is perhaps showing up)

presume the 300fps is a rough guide btw - would of expected 330-ish with a SS tooth or two

but I'm not a guru gun techy - i wish but just my findings with higher speed gears or rof guns

SHS torque motors run aprox 33% faster than stock

SHS speed motors run aprox 50% faster but run warmer when spamming

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.