Places for Sorbo Pad

lazareth1

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

make up a sobo/neoprene sandwich.......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SRM-TECH-SORBOTHANE-ISOLATING-DISCS-PACK-8-GREAT-VALUE-/331627752762?hash=item4d368ded3a

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neoprene-Rubber-Penny-Washers-Adhesive-Backed-M4-M5-M6-M8-M10-M12-SN0001-/250981193606?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item801394491d

on moderate builds a couple of neoprenes will suffice to simply correct AoE, will stick to stock cylinder head well

(M4 - 20mm is the size you seek btw)

BUT for higher 25rps or higher springs a proper sorbo sandwich is perhaps best to adsorb shock better

you will have to make up the sandwich but have a top level of hard wearing neoprene as sorbo will break down

you will also have to make a hole in the sorboathene disc - maybe a little larger than M4 - say 5mm hole

(hole reduces in size as sorbo squishes under pressure/impact)

if making up sorbo sandwich - clean off all self adhesive on neo pads with alcohol, remove stock neo maybe on cylinder head

fuse the stuff together with proper super glue and it should all affix well to the head, slight cushion and AoE sorted

(with sorbo - ensure you check AoE with spring in there as sorbo will compress from 3mm to 1.5mm under load)

pretty sure it is 70d - heck ring/email them to confirm if you wish

or there is some sorbo 70d sheets on fleabay but the sorbo discs are cut to about the right size already

sorbathene isn't cheap but the above is what I recently started to use myself

though tbh I ain't too bothered about re-doing the guns with just neoprene in there

(a 5mm wall of neo is still better than a stock 2mm wall of neo imho)

though just recently I started to use the sorbo sandwich

(Subway is still way better and tastier but makes a mess in ya gun)

• Supporters

the self adhesive neoprene is a strong tacky adhesive and works well for a very quick fixing

it is a sticky bastid to remove - fairy liquid & alcohol required to remove that crap for sandwich

(did look for plain washers but I have those and know the size/hole is just right)

the sorbothane - don't wast time/money on buying the self adhesive for a couple of quid extra

it is $hit adhesive hence I listed the plain sorbo

make sure you do a "peel" test on cylinder head's stock sorbo - one of them came apart on me

and the whole block of rubber was flapping/locking up gearbox - it was stock pad that came away

the neoprene was still stuck like $hit to blanket - them neoprene's on there own are fine as is for mild builds

so just before fitting - I now do a peel test and if in doubt remove old stock neo pad and reglue it all

with proper superglue that fuses these rubber bits together. Clean up cylinder head then key or scratch

to ensure it all stays put when fixing it all to the cylinder head - sorted

Sorbo is a bit crappy to cut as it squishes - did look into cutting tips....

some freeze it to harden it a little, others use a craft hole punch to get clean neat hole

just make hole a smidge bigger as it reduces when it squishes down, top off with neoprene on top

sorted - take ya time and it will be a straight forward piece of cake/sandwich etc....

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.