Torches!

J.Carr

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I agree again and you are right i didnt mention it. I do actually own one too, and it has red,green and blue filter lenses in the storage cap at thebottom too. I do agree as the green light works great for not messing with your adjusted eyes in the dark.

• Head Moderator

I played at the UCAP Bunker on Wednesday and was like a mobile lighthouse using my new Fenix PD35 (960 lumens on turbo and strobe!). Had a hire smg so the torch was handheld. Whilst not tactically sound, using white light did allow me to see where I was going to avoid trip hazards and in an attempt to learn more of the complex site. Still managed to get geographically challenged on several occasions, and ended in the opposition team re-spawn.

As an aside, I think that the Bunker should have some decent mapping for players, especially the new ones, to help work out where they are. A location gets referenced for an objective but there is no way for new players to know where the hell it is or how to get there. It would be even better if a marshal gave a quick orientation tour.

With more familiarity I hope that there will be less requirement for lights and more tactical play. Will go back to using a green filter for navigation. The regulars are like ninjas running around in the dark and taking out players in the back. Tracer fire does look impressive in the dark though.

• Moderators

the Gerber Recon?, with twist dial, have one in the car so my wife can read a map and check on kids in back at night if needed!, nice little torch

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.