cosmetic pistol upgrading?

shortman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So iv been looking at what pistol i want. Iv stteled on a we 226 as i love the look of the sig. Now is it just me or im i not looking in the right places, but it seems like other than the odd silver trigger all upgrades seem to be for 1911's, tm hi cappa or glocks??

Iv seen lodes of different slides, grip styles etc etc but only for the above styles.

• Supporters

Yeah don’t think there’s many aftermarket upgrades for the 226. Not sure why that is but other than changing the slide to metal I think that’s about it. When I had my TM 226 there were very few parts that could be bought to change its look or whatever.

Yea i had a look, can get metal frames and slides for tm guns but we's 226 is all metal already. Just suprises me how everything is aimed at a very small handfull of pistols :(

• Supporters

everyone that skirmishes just wants a 'normal' pistol.

Those that want a fancy pistol tend to be practical pistol shooters, in which case they choose the base gun first as something that has potential.

The 1911/hicapa has such a good trigger and break/reset that it's all people use. anything else with a lever trigger would be creating such a disadvantage that no one uses it.

Do they have a much better response then? As they do seem to be popular (im basing that more on the amount i see trading hands etc)

• Supporters

yeah, on hi capas you can remove any pre-travel, make the trigger super smooth with a nice clean breaking point, all within a very short travel distance.

Mine, for example (and it is pretty stock trigger) is about 1mm of pre-travel, 2mm trigger pull, 0 distance on over-pull and then back with a 2mm reset

Thanks to the way the trigger activation bar is set up in a sig or M9 with a much longer trigger lever below the rotation point than the lever above it for the transfer bar, you simply can't make the triggers that short.

Basically, only those who actually shoot pistols competitively spend enough money on them to make it a worthwhile proposal to machine a bunch of slides/frames for pistols that they actually use

Competitive shooters only shoot pistols that are good.

Thus:

You can't have a nice salient slide on your sig because the trigger is shit.

yeah, on hi capas you can remove any pre-travel, make the trigger super smooth with a nice clean breaking point, all within a very short travel distance.

Mine, for example (and it is pretty stock trigger) is about 1mm of pre-travel, 2mm trigger pull, 0 distance on over-pull and then back with a 2mm reset

Thanks to the way the trigger activation bar is set up in a sig or M9 with a much longer trigger lever below the rotation point than the lever above it for the transfer bar, you simply can't make the triggers that short.

Basically, only those who actually shoot pistols competitively spend enough money on them to make it a worthwhile proposal to machine a bunch of slides/frames for pistols that they actually use

Competitive shooters only shoot pistols that are good.

Thus:

You can't have a nice salient slide on your sig because the trigger is sh*t.

You can if you want, but its pricey at $395, and your trigger will still be shit :P

http://boomarms.com/shop/item.cfm?id=PRIME-P226-SMK25&curr_code=USD

PRIME-P226-SMK25.jpg

Lol, well taking on board the info and the intense technical terms for a lesser quality trigger, i may have to change my choice of pistol lol.

Cheers for the info lads :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.