KWA G36c barrel upgrades

Glenski

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys I'm new to the sport and the forum so if this topic has been covered in the past I'm very sorry. Like I said I'm new to the sport and for my 1st gun I picked the KWA G36c simply for the look and apparent versitliy. Upon using the gun I have noticed however the range and maybe the accuracy could do with improving. I've done alittle reading up and asking about and I have come to the conclusion that a barrel extension and maybe a barrel choke would be the way forward. Do any of you guy know of any uk based company's that sell them for the KWA as I don't seem to be having much luck. Also any other upgrade sujestions will be welcome.

First. I doubt you'll find a choked barrel, I've never seen or heard of them

Second, do you REALLY need the new barrel? If you're new to the sport, your own skill at hitting things accurately is probably as poor as the rest of us when we started, and your marksmanship just needs a bit of improvement

Having said that, most airsofters just like to tinker, myself included, so what kind of budget are you on?

Finally, don't go expecting to make any airsoft gun shoot like a laser. It's a toy gun at the end of the day and with the best will in the world, you aren't going to be hitting people much past 50 metres unless you're putting plenty of bbs down range in the hope of one finding a target

Replacing the hop unit / hop rubber should be more effective at improving range and accuracy than upgrading the barrel.

Or general maintenance (cleaning the stock barrel) usually does a lot more for performance than people think.

I did say I was new to airsoft but I've been shooting for years. I know I probably don't NEED a barrel but I would like one I i think it may help. I definitely has the symtoms of needing a H hop up or something like as the Bbs seem to fly true for a while, then seem to veer off up and to the left. Me and some of the gents at my airsoft club have had a go a the hop up and I think we have got it best it can be. Any ideas where I can find a hop up upgrade for the KWA g36c? Or even an extended barrel ?

Hop up wise, I put a guarder hop up rubber (the clear ones) in my M4 and it's performance was a lot better than before, so my recommendation would be to try that first, before getting a barrel and see if it does what you want. They only cost a few quid anyway, so even if it doesn't do what you want it to, it's not breaking the bank just for a test. If you want to buy one, Taiwangun.com sell them i think. I'm not sure about the Hop up unit for G36's so I cant help on that front.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.