Potentially buying a CM16 Raider-L. Battery help?

lafta

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Everything came. Batteries fit with ease. I put a few hundred rounds through it and all seems OK.

Though on the side of the box it apparently chronod at 335, fingers crossed it's not going to be hot for the Mall on Sunday!

• Supporters

think they allow an absolute limit of up to 340fps but though I went it was only for a recent show

the quick games I was looking forward to playing didn't start by late morning and thought wtf I'm off hiome

yup we got a few spares, always handy and lent the a team mate one when in past when they got no juice left

it is horrible only playing 3/4 of a day in the beginning, especially near the end when everybody goes nutz at end of day

often full on TDM infinate respawn or Terminator or crazy games get played then

or some fool who went skirmishing near their birthday is being lit up

yeah bit of a bummer sitting out near the end coz ya got no mojo left in ya gun

• Supporters

If it was 335 with fire support, is it likely to change by Sunday?

Ahhhhh - now see then it will drop to nearly 200fps on Sunday as it is a day of rest

no it won't, slight deviation on chrono to chrono but they should be bang on near enough I found at my home/site

over time the spring can lose tension - btw when you finish firing - remove mag & fire two shots on semi to clear gun

this is to prevent your pooping out your 50" plasma TV or somebody's eye

always have to do this when exiting the combat zone - all mags out & guns cleared when entering safe zone

Dead zone is NOT safe zone - safe zone is where peeps don't have to wear eye pro so all guns MUST be safe

flip side of firing 2 shots on semi apart from ensuring gun is cleared....

gun should come to rest with spring not compressed or only slightly starting to compress

store gun half cocked and spring will lose tension very quickly

also empty mags or at very least release the any bb's under tension in high caps

you guessed it - mag spring loses tension and over time mag won't feed well or feed very few bb's before loads of winding needed

So, took the CM16 out for it's first outing to the Mall on Sunday.

Batteries seemed great, switched over at lunchtime just to be sure I didn't drain one completely. Chrono came out at 335, 335, 336. So that was a weight lifted.

Thanks for all of the advice from everyone.

Seems like I am getting this 'going left out of the barrel' issue though. It's slight but definitely noticeable at range. Going to look into it a little more, I'm sure I read something about refitting the hop because they sometimes aren't fitted correctly...

Overall great day at the Mall, let down a little by more cheats than usual, including one incident at the start of a game were we rushed from the zombie barricade and peppered upwards of a dozen players rushing up the lift stairs and not a single one took the hit. Yes, seriously.

So once again, thanks a lot for all the help everyone. Hopefully it will see me through a good amount of game days.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.