A little help with Holsters please...

Albiscuit

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have 3 loadouts which I am currently running.

An Olive Drab one for woodland with a chest rig (where I jam my Pistol into a spare M4 Mag pouch on my rig)

A lightweight Merc/spec ops stylee black/OD set up with pouches hanging on my belt and a drop leg holster

An SAS CQB inspired loadout with a nomex suit and vest. Using the above Drop leg holster

But I need a new way of holstering my pistol which could be utilized in a couple of different ways as my drop leg is pretty useless, it hangs down to my knee, is not adjustable and not very stable.

SO my question is....

Is there a holster which could be used to fit in with the SAS loadout, so it sits high on my thigh with minimal straps rather than halfway down my leg with my stupid drop leg and also be used to attach to a Molle battle belt for my lightweight loadout..

I have seen some holsters which have a kind of clip attachment making them very versatile and removable for different applications/holsters. Does anyone have any knowledge or manufacturer names?

I currently have a TM M92 but may even change this, so just researching suppliers for the mo.....

Whilst price is not an issue, I dont want to spend real steel money as I have seen the cost of some and they cost more than my toy gun :blink:

Personally I don't have a great experience with drop leg holsters either, being only 5' 7" :/ so they're pretty shit without being modified

There are IMI holsters which are pretty affordable (around £24 each off UK Tactical / eBay etc)

You can buy a MOLLE adaptor separately for £8 which could go on your battle belt, and there are other accessories as well like the low ride belt loop so it hangs at upper thigh kind of height and I think it is designed to work better with plate carriers.

Few other manufacturers are Fobus and Blackhawk which is probably one you saw that's more than the gun - holster + leg platform can set you back a hundred quid.

Hmm these IMI sound like what I want..

I dont want to have to buy multiple holsters if I can help it. I would rather one I could use on both loadouts as I dont have much space for my equipment..

Ooh.... actually they seem pretty perfect... I could use it on a belt simply, and if I were to get some leg straps I could knock something up for my SAS inspired loadout, I know its not 100% accurate but I want functionality and reduced costs over genuine kit ;)

Thanks...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.