Advice on which AEG rifle for target shooting?

Plinker

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I'm new to airsoft and I'm looking for an AEG rifle that I can shoot targets just for fun in my garden.

I've owned a few C02 air guns over the years and they're fine but I would like to shoot semi/fully auto so AEG seems to only way to go and it would have to be a two tone as I'm not a UKARA member.

I'd like it to be:

Accurate.

A decent amount of power, at least 300fps I would think.

A decent weight so it doesn't feel like a toy.

Good build quality.

Under £150 but if there is suitable rifle out there for a lot less than that, even better.

The other thing I'd like advice on is batteries. I've got lots of Lipo batteries as I'm a keen RC model builder so would something like a 7.4V 2S 2,200mah battery be suitable? I've also got 11.1V 3S Lipos, does the extra voltage increase the velocity of the gun or just the cycle rate?...I'm not sure how it works..

Lastly, from which online store to buy from would be very helpful as well.

Cheers

Ben

You want a g&g cm16, cyma ak or jg g36 for that price. Yeah that lipo would be ok in any of these.

11.1 lipos increase the cycle rate and cause damage to the trigger contacts. They typically shouldn't be used without a mosfet and some basic tuning

The 7.4 LiPo would be perfect if there was the space for it in the gun you get.

The G&G Combat Machines are very good beginner guns, around £130 and you won't need to buy a charger which saves money. However a 2200mAh battery is highly unlikely to fit in an M4 handguard, definitely won't if you buy one of the rear-wired models.

Also basically any skirmishable rifle will be shooting 300FPS.

Externally and internally they're well built, but being more of a budget rifle you're only getting a plastic body. It is a nylon fibre reinforced receiver, but still not going to feel very realistic unless it's metal.

Can say G&Ps feel very good and should fulfil all requirements however these are £200 at least, unfortunately airsoft (especially in the UK) is an expensive hobby.

There are also P&J M4s which have metal bodies although these are only available from Polish retailer TaiwanGun - so you'd need a UKARA defence before ordering from them.

It would really help if you could narrow down your choice of guns down to a few real life models then maybe we can suggest specific manufacturers?

Personally if you're only looking for something for target practice I wouldn't get an electric gun anyway but a spring shotgun which still has the potential for use at a skirmish, doesn't feel too unrealistic (for example like it would using a spring pistol) and you're not reliant on batteries or gas either. You can get a Double Eagle tri-shot from £40+ I believe. Check out Patrol Base as I know they sell some.

I ruled out getting a spring airsoft because I've got my air guns for single shots anyway.

The model of rifle doesn't really matter to me, an AK or M4 style is just fine for example. So long as it's got some realistic weight to it.

I've got 7.4's in lots of different sizes as well so no worries there.

Any metal ICS or G&G gun will fit your needs well, and not cost too much (£150-£250)

I ruled out getting a spring airsoft because I've got my air guns for single shots anyway.

The model of rifle doesn't really matter to me, an AK or M4 style is just fine for example. So long as it's got some realistic weight to it.

I've got 7.4's in lots of different sizes as well so no worries there.

If you like AKs and want realism then get the cyma 048. Wood and metal they're solid and good OOTB. Fixed stock means you can get a pretty big battery in there too.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.